Question Problem with spoilers.

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This may be difficult to explain mostly cause I don't understand it but will try.

I'm trying to create a spoiler with in a spoiler, I think I know how, I will show now.

TITLE1

Post 1

TITLE 2

Post 2

TITLE 3

Post 3

The way I did it was doing this.
Code:
[Spoiler="TEST 1"][H] TITLE 1[/H]
Post 1
[Spoiler="TEST 2"][H] TITLE 2 [/H]
Post 2
[Spoiler="TEST 3"][H] TITLE 3 [/H]
Post 3[/Spoiler][/Spoiler][/Spoiler]

This is how I figured out how to do it, but the problem comes when I try to write a review. I save often to take a look at it for a preview, for some reason it keeps getting messed up, adding spoilers where I did not put them and I have no way of fixing this.

upload_2017-10-25_2-4-58.png

This is how it would look after I check it.
Code:
[Spoiler="TEST 1"][h] TITLE 1[/h] [/Spoiler]

[Spoiler="TEST 1"]

Post1 [/Spoiler]

This results what you see here in the pic.

TITLE 1

Post1

The problem is that THAT keeps happening when it should not happen! I only used one spoiler and this random other one keeps showing up. (I been using post preview for this one, but the only way to see any changes made is to save it and view the review as normal members would see it when is published.) So if there is any moderator who can help me I would appreciate it. As I said, I'm trying to create spoilers in spoilers and I know how but it won't let me in the review section cause random duplicate spoilers keep getting added. :wtf:

Reactions: ThoD

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
This is how it would look after I check it.
Code:
[Spoiler="TEST 1"][h] TITLE 1[/h] [/Spoiler]

[Spoiler="TEST 1"]

Post1 [/Spoiler]

This results what you see here in the pic.

TITLE 1

Post1
That's what you are doing wrong, you are putting two separate spoilers. If you want title then text, do this:

TITLE 1

There, FINALLY! Just check page with F12 because it gets messed up;-;

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Finally got it right, what's with the stupid system turning everything into headers even with gaps or underscores?;-;

Last edited by ThoD,

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry but this information has not provided the help I need. I shall explain again.
In the review section, when i create a spoiler, a second unwanted spoiler appears. Is this a bug of some kind?

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Sorry but this information has not provided the help I need. I shall explain again.
In the review section, when i create a spoiler, a second unwanted spoiler appears. Is this a bug of some kind?
At the part where you have the picture with the unwanted spoiler and the code underneath, you are putting a second spoiler. Delete the part in bold and it will get fixed, that's what I meant:
h] [/Spler]

[Spler"TEST 1"]

Post1 [/

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At the part where you have the picture with the unwanted spoiler and the code underneath, you are putting a second spoiler. Delete the part in bold and it will get fixed, that's what I meant:
h] [/Spler]

[Spler"TEST 1"]

Post1 [/
If it is a second unwanted spoiler created automatically when the first one is made, then deleting the second unwanted one doesn't help me, I am convinced it is a bug.

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
If it is a second unwanted spoiler created automatically when the first one is made, then deleting the second unwanted one doesn't help me, I am convinced it is a bug.
Are you sure you didn't accidentally add two though? Also, when my internet is slow, sometimes two are added for me, so that may be the same for you. Otherwise, it really is a bug.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
How do you even add spoilers to the review? When trying it out, I can only add HTML code or use it as a text editor...

Alright, you have a BBCode editor in your review... I see :) And I noticed what your issue is by checking the source.

review.PNG

you close the first spoiler too early...

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Okay, I figured it out.

It's because the first spoiler tag is center aligned. I edited your review, and if you look at the difference there you'll see it.
Basically, this solves it:

(spoiler)
content​
(/spoiler)
----------------------------------
while

(spoiler) content​
(/spoiler)

produces the extra spoiler tags for some reason. Definitely a bug, or maybe a feature ;)

@tj_cool is this some form of wonky auto-completion of tags?

Here's an image of the bug:
review2.PNG

Here's an image of the solution:
review3.PNG

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
That doesn't really look like a bug to me?
BBcode tags must be properly nested, it doesn't make sense to "uncenter" in the middle of one; that would produce this code:

[CENTER][SPOILER][h]something[/h][/CENTER][/SPOILER]

The parser notices this and will attempt to add the seemingly missing tags, which is the effect you noticed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gonna love it when the next update blocks them