Problem with seagate freeagent go hd =(

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Erizo, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Erizo
    OP

Erizo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2008
    Mexico
    Hi =)

Well... i was wondering if anyone here could help me with this little problem.
    So i have a FreeAgent Go Harddrive from seagate, 320 gb. Had it partitioned with a wbfs and a ntfs. Everything was going nice, but today i wanted to do another partition. So i went into Win7 Disk Management. But after going there, i think i accidentally overwrited the mbr of the hard drive (this is what i think the problem is).

Now the pc sees it as a disc (without letter) with 300 gb of unallocated space! T_T I've tried a couple of things without success... I even tried a file recovery software just to make sure the files were there, and i think they are there indeed (from what i saw), so i assume it was something like the master boot record being overwritten... any thoughts? [​IMG]

2. C.S.I.

C.S.I. GBAtemp Fan

Mar 8, 2010
    Down under
  3. Erizo
    OP

Erizo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2008
    Mexico
    Thanks, but i already tried a lot (and i really mean a lot xD) of things, and none gave too much hope, so i ended up bitting the bullet and formatted the hard drive ._.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice