problem with region codes on edge

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by hpspectre, May 21, 2008.

May 21, 2008
  1. hpspectre
    OP

Banned hpspectre Banned

United States
    i finaly got the codes to work, i was puting the dat file in the wrong directory. but now, when i load the codes on pokemon pearl it gives me all the JAP codes even though im using a US rom. i tried using the code editor to just get only US codes, but when put cheats.dat in the edge directory the code option doesnt appear when i load the game. it seems it only loads the official dat file i got online and not the ones i make! can someon help me?

ps. i cant find the usrcheats.dat in rayders sig. i go to the link but its not on the list. only gifs and jpegs.

thanks

2. Swip

Member Swip GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Rayder handed over the job of updating the database to narin. New Massive cheat compilation thread

3. Narin

Former Staff Narin The Cheat Master, kupo!

United States
    Yea, I took over for Rayder [​IMG]

4. hpspectre
    OP

Banned hpspectre Banned

United States
    i see, alright. but i still have JAP codes on my US rom. ill download a new rom and see if thats the problem. but im sure i have a US rom. what would give this problem? any ideas? thanks.

5. hpspectre
    OP

Banned hpspectre Banned

United States
    nope. did it on a different US rom. this is wierd.

6. hpspectre
    OP

Banned hpspectre Banned

United States
    well...hmm. any ideas to why this is happening? ive pretey much given up on fixing it myeslf. ive tried everything I can think of

7. Narin

United States
    Are you sure your using a verified clean dump of the USA release? I just checked the codes on my flashcard and they are working alright. Either it a problem with the game you have or a bug/glitch in your flashcard.

8. hpspectre
    OP

Banned hpspectre Banned

United States
    well i tried using a new rom. they both said US in the name. whats a "clean" rom. i know you cant ask for roms here but if you tell me what a clean rom is ill go out and find one. by the way both roms i got were made by Legacy, though they were different sizes. dont know if that makes a difference. hope its not a glitch in my flashcard, although im getting a dstt next week.

9. dsrules

Member dsrules GBAtemp Psycho!

All games (roms) are identified by the gameid inside the game (rom). If your flashcart only detects the (J) codes then it's very obvious that you're using a (J) rom. There's no other reason for it.

10. Minox

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
    A clean rom is a dumped untampered rom.

11. hpspectre
    OP

Banned hpspectre Banned

United States
    well heres the thing. ive played the rom and it is NOT in Japanese. the way i know the codes are JAP codes is the fact that ive looked up codes for pokemon diamond and pearl and the codes i found on codejunkies.com for JAP are identical to the codes i found on my edge. and two even if i haddent checked, there arecodes in the US action repay codes which you cannot find on codejunkies.com and in the US version, on the pokemon modifier and some of the other codes use L+R to bring up items that you get rid of a certain number to get what you want. in the US version it gives you masterballs, in he JAP version it gives you Heartscales. on the codes im getting its showing up as Heartscales so it MUST be JAP or at leased some other Region than US.

12. distorted.freque

Member distorted.freque I'm getting mixed signals here!

Canada
    Are you using the codes on the database Narin is maintaining?

...I don't think anything is wrong with the rom you have...

13. hpspectre
    OP

Banned hpspectre Banned

United States
    yup im using the most updated version and Narin said himself its working for him. i guess it could just be my Edge .ive got 2 US roms and the most updated vesion of usrcheats.dat that i renamed cheats.dat to work with my Egde. but, i guess ill see whaen i get my dstt next week. thank you for all those who tried to help. i appresiate it. ill post when i get my dstt to say if it works better than this.

14. Narin

United States
    Mind PMing me a list of the cheats that you are seeing that are or the Japanese version? I'll look into it further.

15. hpspectre
    OP

Banned hpspectre Banned

United States
    sure hang on ill figure out how to PM and ill send it over

16. hpspectre
    OP

Banned hpspectre Banned

United States
    alright Narin i sent it. thanks for your supprort