Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi,

I recently bought R4i SDHC Upgrade Revolution for DSi, red. It is this famous small red box with big R4 on the front side with small i next to it.
I downloaded kernel from R4i SDHC Revolution for NDSi/NDSL/NDS (file name is R4i V1.43b German.zip) - my card is exactly the same as the one on the picture under the title
R4i-SDHC V1.4.2 kernel download(with
v1.4.2.png
or
v1.4.1.png
or
v1.4.png
mark***65289;

the one with WiFi on the animated image - just the yellow mark is not V1.4.1, but V1.4.2.
I formatted the micro sd card, unzipped the kernel and copied the files to the micro sd card. There are 3 directories - moonmemo, moonshl2, R4iMenu and one file R4.dat .
Unfortunately the card was not recognized by the NDSi. I got the message 'An error has occurred. Press and hold the POWER Button to turn the system off. ...'
NDSi Firmware is 1.4.3E. I read a lot of articles and in some of them was mentioned, that there is no kernel for 1.4.3E.
Is this right? Should I wait for new kernel update which supports 1.4.3E or just my card is defect?

Thanks

MengHong

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
:ha:
Nothing is wrong with the card most likely

had same issue with one of mine exact same in reference to R4i sdhc from r4i-shdc website with slash in address...

Heres how i fixed it:

1:
reformat the micro sd

2:
go here and dl zip

http://filetrip.net/f27971-R4i-SDHC-V1-4-2-kernel-(English)---1-0.html

drag the 3 folders and r4idat file that are in zip onto root of card put micro sd back into r4i and put into ds

click right hand side download tab not one above explanation of contents its for a download management prog no one needs its not for the file.

you should use a ds lite it is a sure fire way to gaurantee the card can be accessed (they are not hardware version updateable so no issues with version exist on ndsl)

3: on the bottom screen there is always three tabs
from left to right

The first/left hand tab will always be for running your back ups

the second/center tab is moonshell/homebrew app running access

the third/right hand button is the configuration settings

regardless of version and or skin they always are aligned as such

Click the third tab

click config

on the left hand side shut off the sleep option tab if it is on and system goes to sleep while updating firmware on r4i card it will corrupt and be useless just the same as if the ds shuts off and there is no fix for this its a brick after that point

it is important to plug in your ds even if it has full power and shut off sleep before going any further

Now click upgrade

click start this should start the 1.4.3 upgrade

if all goes well you should have updated the r4i card to work on your dsi 1.4.3

now to get the firmware for the down load function up to speed the card is built with a upgrade kernel feature just click the rolling wifi icon that appears when r4i menu loads and it will automatically update all kernel info and cheat files to working 1.47b

for some reason these card are tempermental and makes it as hard as it can be to update the cards internal firmware and kernel (sd) firmware

Hopefully this works for you and anyone else as it did for myself that may need the info

I know i trolled the interwebs for three days before figuring this method out by trial and error and destroying the first i did this to by not shutting off sleep mode

so again hope this helps any and all

PetMetroid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is your DSi pretty new/is it version 1.44? The R4i SDHC website claims their cartridges don't work with this DSi yet, but the 3DS one does. Kind of misleading. I have a DSlite though, so I'm not affected by that. BTW, They're on version 1.55b right now, try downloading again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu