Problem with R4DS Moonshell

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by .::5pYd3r::., Jun 30, 2007.

Jun 30, 2007
  1. .::5pYd3r::.
    OP

Member .::5pYd3r::. Viva La Pizza

Australia
    I'm having a problem with moonshell on my R4DS whenever i push/touch/open the multimedia icon it comes up with the game loading box and then i get two black screens of death and the only way to get moonshell working is to go into the games section and then pushing select until it shoes the moonshell and then loading it from there how can i fix this problem???

2. lafleche

Member lafleche GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    Turn off the 'soft reset' option ..... I know that sucks......R4 IS slipping in QC/QA

- moonshell doesn't work soft reset on
    - latest games don't soft reset at all
    - since 1.09 some cheats don't work (makes NDS freeze)
    - older games freeze since 1.08 (most prominent 2 japanese puzzle games)
    - I have corrupted saves on metroid prime hunter with 1.09/1.10 and not with 1.08

Personally I don't care for options like cheats, DLDI patching and what more...even download play isn't that important ...100% stability/compatibility .. that's the main thing.....

well ..perhaps 1.11 ?

3. CatScam

Member CatScam ScamaRama!

United States
    Try deleting the _DS_MENU.DAT and _DS_MENU.SYS, then download the new firmware and put it on the SD card. DS_MENU.SYS is created after you start the firmware for the first time. Just overwrite ds_mshl.nds.

If that don’t work I would back everything up reinstalling 1.10 then move just your games over. I am running 1.10 & moonshell runs great with soft reset on, & my metroid prime hunter saves are fine.

4. bfoos

Member bfoos GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Just make sure your _DS_MSHL.NDS file appears like that. The extension is lowercase in the package I downloaded from here and it won't start like that.

5. .::5pYd3r::.
    OP

Member .::5pYd3r::. Viva La Pizza

Australia
    Thanks for all your help guys but i figured out what was wrong when updating the firmware you need to make sure you delete the _DS_MENU.SYS and the _DS_MENU.DAT and replace so the .DAT one with the new one so if you already did the wrong thing you just delete the .SYS and replace the .DAT and everything is fixed including the cheats [​IMG]

6. heatherfeilds

Newcomer heatherfeilds Newbie

Hong Kong
    where can you download the DS_MSHL.NDS file? i can't seem to find it? if you can can you please send that file to my email glitteringshrine@yahoo.com

7. Raestloz

Member Raestloz GBATemp's Lone Wolf

Indonesia
    WTF? A year old thread revived? [​IMG]

DS_MSHL.nds is a package with R4 firmware I think, download a .zip file from R4DS website, you should get one