.::5pYd3r::.

Viva La Pizza
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm having a problem with moonshell on my R4DS whenever i push/touch/open the multimedia icon it comes up with the game loading box and then i get two black screens of death and the only way to get moonshell working is to go into the games section and then pushing select until it shoes the moonshell and then loading it from there how can i fix this problem???

lafleche

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Turn off the 'soft reset' option ..... I know that sucks......R4 IS slipping in QC/QA

- moonshell doesn't work soft reset on
- latest games don't soft reset at all
- since 1.09 some cheats don't work (makes NDS freeze)
- older games freeze since 1.08 (most prominent 2 japanese puzzle games)
- I have corrupted saves on metroid prime hunter with 1.09/1.10 and not with 1.08

Personally I don't care for options like cheats, DLDI patching and what more...even download play isn't that important ...100% stability/compatibility .. that's the main thing.....

well ..perhaps 1.11 ?

CatScam

ScamaRama!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Try deleting the _DS_MENU.DAT and _DS_MENU.SYS, then download the new firmware and put it on the SD card. DS_MENU.SYS is created after you start the firmware for the first time. Just overwrite ds_mshl.nds.

If that don’t work I would back everything up reinstalling 1.10 then move just your games over. I am running 1.10 & moonshell runs great with soft reset on, & my metroid prime hunter saves are fine.

bfoos

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just make sure your _DS_MSHL.NDS file appears like that. The extension is lowercase in the package I downloaded from here and it won't start like that.

.::5pYd3r::.

Viva La Pizza
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for all your help guys but i figured out what was wrong when updating the firmware you need to make sure you delete the _DS_MENU.SYS and the _DS_MENU.DAT and replace so the .DAT one with the new one so if you already did the wrong thing you just delete the .SYS and replace the .DAT and everything is fixed including the cheats
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-