Problem with R4 or problem with User?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by budica, Jan 19, 2007.

1. budica
    OP

budica Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2007
    Canada
    Hey,

I just got an R4 and I can't seem to get the dang thing to work. I've added all the files needed to the micro sd and when starting up the DSLite it doesn't see a cart. Is it a problem with the R4 or something that I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

2. adgloride

adgloride Its A Wii Wario

Apr 2, 2003
    So you've added all the needed firmware files? What happens when you switch your DS on? are you using a slot 2 card as well? Does your DS have flashme installed? More info please.

3. budica
    OP

budica Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2007
    Canada
    Good questions.

I have /shell, _DS_MENU.DAT and _DS_MSHL.NDS in the root dir on the microsd card and nothing else.

When I turn on the DSlite it goes to the health and safety screen and tells me to touch the screen to continue. When I touch the screen or press A it goes to the regular DS startup screen and shows "There is no DS Card inserted." in the DS slot.
    I have nothing in the GBA slot.

My DS doesn't have Flashme installed (not even sure what that is).

I hope this helps a bit.

Thanks by the way for showing an interest in my problem without flaming. You Rock adgloride!!!

4. aj421

aj421 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 20, 2006
    i would blow on it NES style

5. budica
    OP

budica Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2007
    Canada
    LOL, that's great!

I tried that a few times, nothing.

6. aj421

aj421 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 20, 2006
    K check if their is any crap on teh connecters i had some on my zoo tycoon game i took it off and it worked .... to bad i bought another copy after it stoped workin

7. budica
    OP

budica Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2007
    Canada
    AJ421!!!!

Ok, so I decided to blow in it NES stile a couple more times and thought, maybe I should have a look in there, sure enough a couple of the pins were bent a bit. So I straightened them up and bingo it works.

Thanks a ton you two. you were both a HUGE help.

YAY!!!

8. aj421

aj421 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 20, 2006
    yay i dont even own an r4 yay i must be teh expert

9. budica
    OP

budica Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2007
    Canada
    lol, well at least it was your idea that made me look in the slot.

adgloride was a big help as well. I'm so used to just being flamed no matter what I ask. Thanks again.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice