Problem with Priiloader .7?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by jmckutchin, Apr 5, 2011.

Apr 5, 2011

Problem with Priiloader .7? by jmckutchin at 6:04 AM (3,056 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. jmckutchin
    OP

Member jmckutchin GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hey there,

Thought I'd ask since I can't really figure it out myself. I've been using priiloader for quite a while and everything has worked perfectly in the past. Recently, I haven't used my Wii much due to lack of games but I decided to dust it off and give it an update. However, when I tried to install priiloader .7 two things that have never happened before happened to me:

1) Moving of the selector slowed down to a crawl. I found this ended immediately when i removed the usb cable to my hard drive. I've never had this problem before (same exact hard drive and enclosure).
    2) Priiloader can't find hacks. I noticed they switched to hacks_hash and I put that on my sd card as well. Under priiloader .6, I could load hacks.ini with no problems, but .7 won't recognize either.

Anyone care to take a stab at what's going on?

2. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Well...first off, I didn't knew priiloader 0.7 was released (which isn't too surprising, as it's 10 hours ago, as of writing).

It took a bit of searching, but I found this among the version history:

* moved hacks_hash / hacks.ini access back to fat:/apps/priiloader just like preloader

I guess that's the issue: you should move it to the correct folder to be recognized. [​IMG]

(perhaps not as user friendly as it could, but I actually like this change...my hard drive has way too much of similar files all over the place as it is).

3. jmckutchin
    OP

Member jmckutchin GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Ah, that makes perfect sense. I considered this possibility but I didn't know where it was relocated to.

Thanks for the help [​IMG]

4. wiimanofthenorth

Member wiimanofthenorth GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Strange... All I did was copy over .6, install, then ran priiloader, changed the settings again, but it picked up the hacks_hash from the root of my sd.

It was slow at first, until my hdd spun up, but was fine after that.

5. mauifrog

Member mauifrog DA KINE WiiHacker

United States
    I think that is just stupid, very stupid actually.

Who the hell wants to keep the priiloader installer on their card? I don't think there are many. Now you need to keep the damn priiloader folder to load your hacks, just silly. Nothing better than taking a good thing and making useless changes.

6. bazamuffin

Member bazamuffin RESIDENT DILF

United Kingdom
    I think thats just initial access, once installed you don't need the folder

7. M1r0

Member M1r0 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    But, what about changing the hashhacks? I'd rather just have it on the root. I know that at least I don't still have the priiloader installer/loader.

8. bazamuffin

Member bazamuffin RESIDENT DILF

United Kingdom
    It installs the hacks using the .ini file, it just tells Priiloader where to apply the hacks. You don't need the card/USB once the installer has done and you have applied your hacks. Unless anyone can tell me otherwise?

9. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    That is correct, but I'd like to elaborate a little if I may [​IMG]

The first time you use any version of priiloader to access either hacks.ini or hacks_hash.ini an exact copy of the file will be saved to the Wii itself (title000001000002\data\). So even if you want to change what hacks you have enabled at some point in the future, you don't need anything connected to your Wii (ie. SD card with hacks.ini not required)

So really, I think this change was pointless. All it does is confuse people who are used to the old way. But whatever, now that I've gotten wind of it at least I won't be caught by surprise.

10. lulwut

Member lulwut GBAtemp Fan

Japan
    confusion of 1min
    big whoop( it says it couldn't access fat:/apps/priiloader/hacks.ini iirc)

and the change was cause its always been like that for preloader; so daco got confused why he changed it for priiloader and reverted that change back to the preloader times

11. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    Personally, I think priiloader has turned into too much of a programming mess since daco took it over. I wish it was more like the original preloader but updated just to work with newer SM versions and remove the network code. Most of the newer added features are just adding issues. There are some thing that are great with their idea behind them, but the programming causes it to fail. It was about a year before I felt that I HAD to move over into priiloader, but I was SOOOO hesitant. There is really nothing better about it that makes up for what it screws up with IMHO.

12. OverjoY

Member OverjoY GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    I don't think it's pointless to store files in the map of the app where those files belong to. It's a much cleaner way to store those files. Imagin if all apps we use store their files in the root of the sd-card

13. flo

Member flo GBAtemp Regular

Hungary
    So how do we get those hacks to be recognised ?
    Placed this file in apps/Prilloader and still no luck (http://priiloader.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/priiloader/hacks_hash.ini )

14. Fishaman P

Member Fishaman P Speedrunner

United States
    Really, if 0.6 worked fine, you don't need 0.7.

And this sounds like the last release, given the title and Daco's previous comments.