Problem with Pokemon Platinum and WiFi trading...

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by devtech, Feb 7, 2010.

Feb 7, 2010
  1. devtech
    OP

Newcomer devtech Newbie

United States
    Hey guys im not sure if this is generally the area i would look for help in, but the website i download the kernel at doesnt have any support (www.r4rts.com) A lot of games work for me especially Pokemon SS and HG and i can trade over wifi in them, but my problem starts in Platinum. I can go into the wifi room just fine so i know wifi works, but when i actually accept a trade request my game freezes. Ive tried everything i made sure i downloaded the most up to date kernel off that website (it was the site at the bottom of my SDHC r4 card box).

Has anyone else experienced this issue? the main reason i got this was so i dont have to be taking in and out my original game cartridges and eventually ware them out. Any help or insight in the matter will be amazing.

2. Hatsu

Banned Hatsu Someone's been killing, eh?

Australia
    Are cheats on?

3. devtech
    OP

Newcomer devtech Newbie

United States
    no cheats are on at all. i went into the cheat menu and even made sure to select none but it still freezes on me.

4. devtech
    OP

Newcomer devtech Newbie

United States
    would you think switching to maybe ysmenu would make this work? ive seen many people saying that switching over has solved a lot of their issues but ive followed many step by step tuts and i just cant get the ysmenu to even load cause i cant find the right tutorial for the sdhc version i am using.

5. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    R4SDHC is a clone.
    It's quite possible (probable actually) that YSMenu will not work.

6. devtech
    OP

Newcomer devtech Newbie

United States
    ya its really the only one i found to be useful since most games i had in my possession will not fit on a 2gb msd card. Aside from this small issue everything else works great but its really the only time ive seen any of the games freeze and its just retarded.

7. Tomf12

Newcomer Tomf12 Member

Australia
    As far as I know it's caused by the flash card running the game a bit faster then the regular game, Not sure how to fix it

8. takun32

Member takun32 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    don't trim pokemon platinum, any other game you can trim. but pokemon platinum, if its trimmed you run the risk of getting a freeze cause theres so much potential data in the game that you run the risk of freezing your game when you encounter a certain pokemon. it happend to me. so try the game untrimmed.

9. Lacius

Member Lacius GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    As long as you use the right trimmer, it should be fine. I don't think that's the problem. http://techsuki.net/nintendo-ds-rom-trimmer/

Devtech, what website do you get your firmware from?