Problem with Pokémon DP

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Joey Ravn, Mar 16, 2008.

Mar 16, 2008

Problem with Pokémon DP by Joey Ravn at 3:02 PM (944 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Joey Ravn
    OP

Member Joey Ravn F*** you, Nintendo!

Spain
    Let's see if I can explain this in a clear way:

I'm playing Pokémon Diamond (the Spanish version, in fact) on my R4. I've just beaten the Elite 4, got myself a nice National Dex and went to Pal Park. I inserted my original Emerald GBA cart (in Spanish, of course, or it wouldn't work at all), went to the main menu screen, saw the "Transfer Pokémon from Emerald" option, clicked there... but it gives me an error. As if there was no save file on my GBA cart or it was damaged... I tried saving in a Pokémon Centre on my Emerald, but with no luck still. Then, I tried using my EZ Flash 3in1 with the Spanish version of Pokémon FireRed flashed to its NOR memory... and it worked. I transfered 6 Pokémons with ease, no problems at all =/

So, this is what I want to know:

- Is it a known problem this? Does people with an R4 and a real GBA game had any issues with the Pokémon Transfer option?
    - If so, is there any way to solve it?
    - If it can't be solved, is there a way I could extract or copy the save file on my Emerald and transfer it to my EZ Flash 3in1? In fact, this option would be really cool, but I'm tired of carrying my Emerald cart around, sticking out two cms. from my Lite...

Hope you can help me, fellow tempers... I was really excited about transfering my hard-raised Pokés to my Diamond [​IMG]

2. death1234

Newcomer death1234 Member

United States
    pokesav is your friend...

3. Gian

Member Gian GBAtemp Regular

United States
    XD, Pokesav.
    Yeah, I don't think there's much you can do.
    But I have seen other R4'ers with Diamond and Emerald carts, and it worked for them.
    Is your Emerald GBA cart a legit copy?

4. Joey Ravn
    OP

Member Joey Ravn F*** you, Nintendo!

Spain
    I think I've solved it... You see, to make the DP on the R4 recognize the GBA game on the EZ 3in1, you have to patch the ROM with a so-called "poképatch". It seems that makes DP "search" for a different "string of info" on the cart to match that used by the 3in1. Or something like that. The thing is, if you apply the poképatch, DP won't recognize a real GBA cart. I tried using a clean ROM and it work but, alas, it didn't recognize the 3in1 ROM this time. I guess I'll have to switch between clean and patched ROMs, depending on what I need to do...

But still, my last question stands: is there a way to transfer my save file from my original GBA cart to my 3in1?

PS: Thanks for the replies, though, guys [​IMG]

5. RaiDesu

Member RaiDesu GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Rudolph's GBA Backup Tool can get your saves.