Problem with Playing Newer Games...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by CheeseTron, Dec 18, 2010.

Dec 18, 2010
  1. CheeseTron
    OP

Newcomer CheeseTron Newbie

United States
    hello gentlemen
    I have a problem with running DKCR

can't install most of the WADs, sister got me to v 4.1 (I can still run HomeBrew Channel)...but for some odd reason I still wasn't able to install WADs even before...I think. >_>

I can still run older games via Gecko

And...I get Error #002 when I try to run DKCR via Gecko

I'm pretty sure there's been lots of threads that answered this question but it seems like mine is a bit on the unique side...

Also I am very newbish at how to fix stuff so plz be as specific and layman about how to run DKCR without having to update

Thanks

2. ankc

Member ankc GBAtemp Regular

Mauritius
  3. CheeseTron
    OP

United States
    Yea tried that and no luck. I keep on getting error ret - 2011 so in order for me to install any WADs safely I need to get that problem fixed, any alternative route I can use?

4. PPSainity

Member PPSainity Blinded by Science

Canada
    Error -2011 is usually caused when you are trying to use and IOS/cIOS to install something, but the IOS/cIOS that you are using does not have the Trucha Bug. If you have the HBC channel you can try using IOS236 installer in order to install IOS236 which you can use later to install the WADs in place of whatever IOS/cIOS you were using before. If IOS236 installer does not work for you, try using Dop-Mii the non-WiiBrew Edition to install an IOS with the Trucha Bug to use.

-[]D

5. CheeseTron
    OP

United States
    Okies I used the newest NeoGamma and Donkey Kong Country Returns work [​IMG]

Thanks guys...I'll figure out the ret -2011 later on.

Happy gaming time!