Problem with .pgf files (Pokémon Black/White Event)

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by CDD The Gameskin, Jul 19, 2012.

1. CDD The Gameskin
    OP

Newcomer CDD The Gameskin Newbie

Italy
    Hi everyone,
    I have a problem with Pokémon B/W .pgf files. I decided to create a pgf file with BW Pokesav, I didn't use the Mystery Gift Editor cause I have to create an event with a Floatzel whose ability is "Multi-type", and MGE can't do this, but Pokesav does. So, I created this event, but when I talked to the Deliveryman, it was written "You received --------!" and when I checked my PkmParty there's not the Pokémon.
    Help, it's pressing :wacko:

Thanks for the help, and, as always, sorry if you don't understand what I wrote. :ninja:

2. CDD The Gameskin
    OP

Italy
  3. rastsan

Member rastsan 8 baller, Death Wizard

Canada
    if somebody had anything to say they would have. Please don't bump a thread with one word posts unless it is to add details...(and even then one word posts are bad too)
    like say posting a copy of your save data from before and after using pokesav. if you didn't have a back up of your save (from before) then we cannot help you. As now your save is screwed...

4. CDD The Gameskin
    OP

Italy
    My save works, I did insert another event after that and it worked. I think it's a pokesav problem.

BTW, sorry for the up DX

5. rastsan

Member rastsan 8 baller, Death Wizard

Canada
    then this a problem to take to the creator(s) of BW [​IMG] Pokesav with a copy of both before and after saves. or more specifically the mystery gift editor. if the mystery gift editor is still based off of d/p then it may need to be reconfigured with more info from b/w saves. which is something that i unfortunately have no interest in helping with. If you do actually find them and they are interested in helping you make sure to keep them happy with many many saves... possibly from friends of yours as well...with good details on each and every save file to help them narrow things down.
    other options - are to explore whats happening in your save with a debugging emulator. have a snapshot form just before and just after (this is different from a save). involves some knowledge of save states and debugging. as you are going to need to search for some of the stuff from the pgf file. if this is too much for you just ask for help from the bw pokesave editor creator(s). As you could potentially find a way to fix this by fiddling with the memory as you play in the emulator. (but its going to be a lot of work)

sorry I couldn't be more help...

6. CDD The Gameskin
    OP

Italy
    Thank you very much for the help, I'll try to ask to the Pokesav creators. Thaaaank you again :yay: