Problem with pad on a NGC.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by oleole, Mar 17, 2007.

Mar 17, 2007

Problem with pad on a NGC. by oleole at 9:21 AM (677 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. oleole
    OP

Newcomer oleole Member

Hello,

I have a Nintendo Gamecube and I don't know why suddenly the pad (?) began to behave strangely ie the C joystick is like blocked to the right when I start any game.

I know you can reset the pad by holding down the X, Y,and start buttons for three seconds.

But why the heck does the pad do that ? Anyone know ? Is it the pad or the gamecube ? I'm considering buying another pad because it's quite boring...

Thanks for any advice,

oleole

2. Elrinth

Member Elrinth :Master beyond your imagination:

Sweden
    not sure.. but when starting games and u hold a button constantly for a direction. that direction will be pressed no matter what you do until u unplug the controller and plug it in again.

3. oleole
    OP

Newcomer oleole Member

The thing is I dont even touch anything...

4. dohclude

Member dohclude GBAtemp Fan

United States
    sounds to me like the analogue device inside the controller might be damaged. This is actually pretty common if you use your controller alot, or let the kids play too long, lol. I would recommend getting yourself a new controller on the cheap (ebay? or wal-mart). Or if you are brave and handy try taking it apart to verify that something is worn or cracked, etc.