Problem with our Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Alphons Potters, Dec 28, 2009.

Dec 28, 2009

Problem with our Wii by Alphons Potters at 10:08 PM (2,221 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. Alphons Potters
    OP

Newcomer Alphons Potters Member

Netherlands
    We have a problem with the Nintendo Wii

We have:

Wii (the first version) (but it has a new motherbord because in the past we did get a full brick because we used the unstable waninkoko 4.1 updater!)
    Hardmod: WIIKEY V1
    Fimware 4.0E
    Softmod (installed some Cios installers)
    HBC (latest version) + A lot of homebrew and emulators.

The problem is that we can't boot some programs: bootmii (from HBC channel), GenesisplusGX, Mplayer (for movies), SMSplus and WII64 give us problems.
    When we try to boot one of these applications the WII give us a black screen and the WII is flashing a blue Light!

I don't know how I can fix this problem, other programs and Homebrew (gecko, snes9x, usb loader, Neogamma, fceultra, wad manager) software works fine.

I am sure that in the past Mplayer always did work fine (later I installed the emulators) and I can't remember that I have changed anything in the WII itself.
    So I don't know what to do to get all these programs to work and fix this bootproblem with the flashing blue led light!

I did try to uninstall and install them but that won't work they just won't load on mine Wii
    Please if somebody knows a solution please tell it!

Tnx in advance!

UPDATE: I reinstalled HBC and BOOTMII V1.1
    But now I got the problem that the programs that first didn't start (read above which ones) and let mine WII flashing a blue light it now boot to the Boot mii menu??????

So if I start one of these programs I will get the Boot Mii menu??
    I really don't know what do to anymore (VERY DESPERATE!!)

2. wadzinsky

Newcomer wadzinsky Advanced Member

United States
    Is the new Wii's mobo softmodded? It almost sounds to me like it isn't modded all the way. As far as the flashing blue light, I only get that on my Wii if a file that is being requested isn't found. I don't know much about the IOS's and cIOS's but certain programs use certain IOS's. If you don't have the right ones or all of them installed, you might run into that problem.

What version firmware is the Wii, and what is the serial #? is it LU64+ ? or previous. Depending on the build date, you won't be able to install bootmii as boot2. Also, modding procedure is slightly different for LU64+ models due to this fact. Also, you must under NO circumstances downgrade the system menu on a LU64+ Wii. If you upgrade to 4.2 on a LU64, then forever it shall stay. You can UPgrade a LU64 all you want, but never downgrade.

Is the wii bricked at all? Does the system menu load properly? do all the normal channels work properly?

Thanks

3. Alphons Potters
    OP

Netherlands
    All Channals work properly and all the other programs I got no problems with.
    Al Back-ups works fine either!

So I found it very strange that only a few programs (the ones I mentioned before) won't work???

It is just that some programs won't work (anymore).
    I followed this tutorial: http://www.dewiiombouwen.nl/de-wii-ombouwen/11-wii-ombouwen-voor-firmware-31e-tot41e.html ://http://www.dewiiombouwen.nl/de-wii-...1e-tot41e.html ://http://www.dewiiombouwen.nl/de-wii-...1e-tot41e.html (Dutch website)
    to softmod the wii (except for installing HBC step because after repairs that channel was already installed)

The WII was once full bricked but got fully repaired (new motherbord placed)
    This WII is the first version on the market (I bought it on release date in Europe).

Type:
    RVL-001
    Serialnr: LEH107071194

4. Alphons Potters
    OP

Netherlands
    SOme more info that maybe help:

I installed:

HBC 1.0.6 Running on IOS61 V19.26
    Cios Rev10 Installer
    cIOS2.0 installer
    cIOS38R14 installer
    IOS60-patched.wad
    IOS38-64-v3610
    IOS50-64-v4889
    IOS53-64-v5149
    IOS55-64-v5149
    NeoGammaR7

And used Trucha Bug Restorer to install some patches so HBC works more properly.
    Just was stated in this Dutch tutorial: Tutorial

5. Alphons Potters
    OP

Netherlands
    Anyone got a solution yet? [​IMG]

6. ocdetective

Member ocdetective GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Malaysia
    If Bootmii is installed it will flash the blue light twice to indicate it is installed on start up. If it wont boot most likely it is an SD card compatibility problem - try a different one.

7. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    Well, I can tell you one thing: you're better of using one of our guides than that dutch site.
    Eventhough its an almost exact copy of our guides, it doesn't explain everything that well
    And they copy protected it for some reason while its not even theirs to claim to begin with.
    You also have to login to get the downloads (which I assume are illegal on top of that)

But anyway, I would try to reformat the SD card or use another one.

8. Alphons Potters
    OP

Netherlands
    In the Netherlands it's not illigal to even make a copy of a DVDmovie or music without even have the original in possession so I don;t think those files to download are illigal here.
    It is a dutch side. But I think I will use this site more often in the future!

Also I did use a new SANDISC SD card lately (bigger one 8 GIG Hightspeed) maybe that is the problem I will try my old one oud and see if that is really the case.
    Tnx for all re reply people and I will let you know!

9. Alphons Potters
    OP

Netherlands
    Update: It's not the SD Card (used 3 others I have, Kingston, Sandisk and Emtec and still got the same problems!.
    This is getting very frustated.

SO weird why half of mine homebrew will not function.

10. Alphons Potters
    OP

Netherlands
    UPDATE: I reinstalled HBC and BOOTMII V1.1
    But now I got the problem that the programs that first didn't start (read above which ones) and let mine WII flashing a blue light it now boot to the Boot mii menu??????
    So if I start one of these programs I will get the Boot Mii menu??
    I really don't know what do to anymore (VERY DESPERATE!!)

11. Alphons Potters
    OP

Netherlands
    Just to make everything clear this is the latest status:
    Seems somebody else also has this problem: Link

We have:

Wii (the first version) (but it has a new motherbord because in the past we did get a full brick because we used the unstable waninkoko 4.1 updater!)
    Hardmod: WIIKEY V1
    Fimware 4.0E
    Softmod
    HBC (latest version) + A lot of homebrew and emulators.
    We have installed:

HBC 1.0.6 Running on IOS61 V19.26
    Cios Rev10 Installer (Needed for USB Loader)
    cIOS2.0 installer (makes USB 2.0 speed better)
    cIOS38R14 installer (needed for USB Loader and making custom IOS249)
    IOS60-patched.wad (was needed for 4.0 and 4.1)
    IOS38-64-v3610
    IOS50-64-v4889
    IOS53-64-v5149
    IOS55-64-v5149
    IOS5 installer
    Shop Updater (so you can acces WII shop channel without having 4.2)
    And used Trucha Bug Restorer to install some patches so HBC works more properly.
    Just was stated in this Dutch tutorial: http://www.dewiiombouwen.nl/de-wii-ombouwe...31e-tot41e.html

The problem is that we can't boot some programs: GenesisplusGX, Mplayer (for movies), SMSplus give us problems.
    When we try to boot one of these applications the WII goes to the Boot Mii menu??

I don't know how I can fix this problem, other programs and Homebrew (NeoGammaR7, gecko, snes9x, usb loader, Neogamma, fceultra, wad manager) software works fine and we can play all back-ups without any problem!

I did try to uninstall and install everything (HBC, IOS / CIOS installers and programs) (used Cios Uninstaller to make mine WII clean again and did a fresh install) but that didn’t work. Also we tries different SD cards (Sandisk, Kingston, emtec) but that also didn’t work!

Do somebody knows a solution so I can run GenesisplusGX, Mplayer (for movies), SMSplus… Please!

12. Alphons Potters
    OP

Netherlands
    OMG!!!! I HATE MINE WII!

I think I now have semi-bricked my wii or something!

Because now very strange all the emulators that didn't work at first will play (installed the WAD files on IOS36 instead of IOS249) but I can't load any cios installer (WII freezes) or the cios uninstaller anymore.
    USB LOADER give me now an error that it can't load ios 249 and when I go to wadmanager and want to load cios 249 mine Nintendo Wii will freeze.

Also when I sometimes quit an emulator like Genesis GX I get a black screen with a lot of error messengers!

I think I will bring it to the storre back because now I don't now awhat to do anymore, now I can't load any important CIOS (un)installer CIOS installers!