Problem with opening the microSD card

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by xtreme_power, Apr 15, 2007.

Apr 15, 2007
  1. xtreme_power
    OP

Member xtreme_power GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I think I ****ed my computer now!

Ok here is the story

Usually when I put my microsd card into the reader and plug it into the computer it will detect it. Then I will go and open the drive (J:) where all the stuff on the microSD card is stored.

But for some reason, it won't do this now. When I plug it in and go to my drive(J:) it says the drive or network is in use so I can't open it. The problem is it's not in use. Or I can't find what is in use so that I can switch it off.

So I right clicked on the drive(J:) and select disconnect. Then restarted the computer. Now when I go to My Computer to find that drive it is gone! How do I get this drive back?

Please help! I feel so miserable [​IMG]

2. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    the one supplied with the R4DS not not that good at all, i had problems with it at boot when my whole computer crashed with explorer errors and such, throw it away and buy a memory card reader, at least it will be of better quality.

3. Little

Member Little I r Little

United Kingdom
    OK, so you have a USB card reader? I take it you've tried putting it in and back out etc.
    Have you tried using a different USB port =)
    My card reader doesn't show "disconnect" so its hard to know exactly what you've done. are you running windows

4. xtreme_power
    OP

Australia
    I'm sure the usb card reader is working because it's displayed in the safely remove hardware icon when I click on it.

More importantly, does anyone know how I can get my drive back?

5. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    My computer won't recognise a memory card if I plug the card into the reader before plugging the reader into the PC. I have to plug the reader in first, and then insert the card.

6. xtreme_power
    OP

Australia
    I think the usb card reader is now ****ed. I plugged it into the computer and it says it has malfunctioned and windows can't detect it. I need to get a new one.

[​IMG]

How much are these usb card readers anyway? Any recommendations? I just want the cheapest workable one since I only using it for the R4.

7. reilina

Member reilina just a neophyte...

United States
    @ newegg.com they have cheap memory card readers

8. darksavior

Member darksavior GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Been using the black r4 usb card reader for months and i've yet to have a problem with it. If you have that shitty blue one then by all means buy a card reader.

@xtreme_power: goto Disk Management (in Run type diskmgmt.msc) and see if you can format your card in there. If you can't, the card might be dead. I had my card die by using it on a shitty usb hub. Sent it in to Kingston for a free replacement since it has lifetime warranty [​IMG]

9. iwakura

Member iwakura HHNNNNNNGGGG

United States
    ...i dont mean any personal attacks or anything, but this is the guy that asked if there was a ps1 emulator, and what the microSD USB adapter was for. i dont think its broken, he's probably missing something elementary.

10. Calculus

Newcomer Calculus Member

United States
    Drive (J:) assuming it is a usb drive will not show up unless active. Also your card/read is good as dead right now, and will now work in that sense. Test this out first by putting some other USB device in that slot.

11. darksavior

Member darksavior GBAtemp Regular

United States
    iwakura. well he did go through like 4pages of explaining how to encode in batchdpg [​IMG]

12. shtonkalot

Member shtonkalot Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!

Australia
    I have a few of these ones from www.ledshoppe.com
    $3 US shipped, it's hard to go wrong.