Gaming Problem with my Wii, recuring error.

The Frenchman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK, first I have to say that my Wii is chipped since about Mario galaxy release, it's a launch unit, it is V4.0 and still have all the old hacks in it, (followed guides)

it now gives me error when playing certain games, when I play mario kart wii it will often go to a black screen and tell me: Error.... eject disk and turn power off, then I must hold the power button 6 seconds in order to shut it off... I also get this error playing Smash Bros Brawl, also got it few times on Madworld. I think it might be problems with the len.

anyone has any advices?

Cozmo1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Definitely sounds like a lens problem, unless there's commonality with the DVD media you're using. You could try running a CD/DVD cleaner in your Wii and see if it helps clear it up.

D

Deleted User

I had the exact same problem. I read somewhere that using a vacuum cleaner on the disc slot and two air vents might fix it and it did.

The Frenchman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried vfaccum cleaning it from inside the face part (removed the faceplate) I don't want to completely open it up unless I am certtyain it's the lens because it's got a black custom shell, and it was a pain to reassemble it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Crowbar?