Problem with my new Deal Extreme NDSL

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by andremetal, Jan 5, 2011.

1. andremetal
    OP

andremetal Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2011
    Brazil
    Hi guys, this is my first post in this forum, i searched everywhere in internet and i dont find a single answer to my problem.
    When i turn on my DS, i am asked to set nickname, color, date, time and birthday, but no matter how i set time and date, it keep showing 00/00/2000 00:00. And when it asks to restart the system, then i am asked to set the same things again. Anyone can help me please, it were to be a cristmas gift to my niece, and i don´t know what to do [​IMG] [​IMG] .

2. thieves like us

thieves like us chaos personified

Jul 17, 2003
    United States
    left of the pond
    it's possible that the bios for the system (which stored in the wi-fi package) is corrupt

3. Fireballo

Fireballo Banned

Banned
    Dec 28, 2010
    United States
    Reflash it, try the passme custom firmware or you can reinstall the original firmware the same way. Can you return it?

4. DigitalDeviant

DigitalDeviant GBAtemp Addict

Feb 14, 2010
    United States
    Solar Federation
    You should get a RMA and return it. Also not a good idea to buy a video game system from dealextreme or any chinese tech site. Buy one from ebay or craigslist.

5. andremetal
    OP

andremetal Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2011
    Brazil
    @fireballo
    There´s no returning, it´s refurbished. I can't access the system interface, it´s a loop: turn-on->set date/hour ->turn off -> turn-on ->set date/hour....., there´s any way to reflash bypassing the system settings?

@thieves like us
    I am thinking about changing wi-fi module to see if it works. I can use the module of old dsl without breaking/corrupting it? If it works i can buy one new. See if the module is this one:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.30784

Thanks

6. andremetal
    OP

andremetal Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2011
    Brazil
    Here in Brazil its is very expensive a new DS and the most sellers on ebay/craiglist dont send or the shipping cost it´s to high.

7. BORTZ

BORTZ Neighborhood Friendly

Global Moderator
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    lol your flag is an American one.
    Regardless, try to sell it and get a different one.

8. zizer

zizer GBAtemp Addict

Aug 23, 2010
    Is an American can not live in Brazil?

9. andremetal
    OP

andremetal Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2011
    Brazil
    LOL... o dont see the flag before... and no ... sadly i am not american

problem almost solved... i tried something different, when the bios from faulty ds is in my system i set it to auto start games, then i put back in faulty ds and WOW!!!! it worked like a charm with R4 (wood fw), but with faulty internal clock

thanks for everyone

10. eggsample

eggsample punahussy

Mar 29, 2010
    Poland
    Yup it is clever to use r4 to play games [​IMG]

One of consoles that I'got to repair got thesame problem. WiFi module swap solved it.
    I've repaired sth about 150 systems and only 1 of them was faulty so buy crashed system for 1$ and swap bios/wifi module.