problem with my mt card by the games pokemon x and y

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by GamingAori, May 4, 2014.

1. GamingAori
    OP

GamingAori GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 16, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Hello guys,
    I have a problem with my mt card. I want to play pokemon x and y but i can't start the games with my 64 gb micro sd card: http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B007WTAJTO/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=computers. I test my micro sd card and the sd card haven't a broken memory. The games work on a 16gb micro sd card. I have a 20mb/s read speed. Animal crossing new leaf works with the 64gb micro sd card. Pokemon x and y are the only games with the problem, the problem is i can't see the icon in the emunand.
    How i can fix this problem?

2. Quicksilver88

Quicksilver88 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 26, 2013
    United States
    I had a lot of problems with Pokémon X in particular on MT-Card. Have you updated to the latest v1.3 firmware, as that is supposed to help timing issues with memory cards. I was only able to get Pokémon working on my fastest 16GB class 10 card which had a read of about 25mb and a write of 13mb. I am sure it is the write speed that is the issue. I also tried it on a class 6 16gb and class 6 4GB and had no success. I had no problems with any other games but Pokémon using slower cards.

3. GamingAori
    OP

Mar 16, 2014
    Gambia, The
    I updated to version 1.2 HW 1.3 2 days ago. and i think 15-20 mb read speed is okay? my slower 16 gb sd card works fine. The 64 gb micro sd card have sometimes 15 mb read speed.

4. Quicksilver88

Quicksilver88 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 26, 2013
    United States
    I think the problem with Nand save games like Pokémon is the write speed and not the read speed. The save data is written inside the Rom file itself (not in a separate .sav file like the eeprom game's saves). So check you write speed and use your microSD with the fastest write and test that.

5. GamingAori
    OP

Mar 16, 2014
    Gambia, The
    okay i test this in a few h ;)
    edit: okay i have 9mb wright speed

6. slayre

slayre Member

Newcomer
    May 21, 2014
    United States
    I have a class 10 and I still cant seem to get pokemon to work on Mt. you guys figure it out? Im on 1.4 & 1.2 for mt

7. GamingAori
    OP

Mar 16, 2014
    Gambia, The
  8. DarkKnightPT

DarkKnightPT GBAtemp Regular

May 18, 2014
    i use 1.4 & 1.2 too on my MT Card with kingstone 32gb micro sdhc class 10 and it works without any issue. try another microsd. my class4 32gb didnt work with it so its a matter of luck i guess

GamingAori likes this.
  9. GamingAori
    OP

Mar 16, 2014
    Gambia, The
    okay thx for your answer :) which class 4 micro sd card do you have?

10. DarkKnightPT

DarkKnightPT GBAtemp Regular

May 18, 2014
    my class 4 micro sd its sanddisk but kingstone also have a good ones. my kingstone class 10 works fine with all roms

11. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    not trying to be funny, but how come i keep seeing people calling them sanddisk and kingstone......it sounds like fake chinese rip off cards XD

12. hundshamer

hundshamer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Blacklisted Trader
    May 22, 2009
    United States
    Or how my name magically grows an extra "m" sometimes! LOL

13. slayre

slayre Member

Newcomer
    May 21, 2014
    United States
    Aggh guess ill try another one. Atm i have a 32G Adata class 10 micro sdhc