Problem with my motherboard or power supply?

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware, Devices and Accessories' started by MindC0ntroll, Aug 1, 2012.

1. MindC0ntroll
    OP

Newcomer MindC0ntroll Advanced Member

United States
    Another pc problem. Sorry if Im cluttering this section with my problems lol

To cut things short, I recently bought a Corsair TX 650 watt power supply (bought used on eBay but the seller said it was barely used and in mint condition) to upgrade from the CX 430 watt that I have, for gaming.

I took out the 430 watt, installed the 650 watt, connected the SATA, 24 pin and all the other ones on my ASUS P7H55 M Pro motherboard, reconnected some other cables that I disconnected like the front panel ones. Anyway, after all that, my PC wont boot up at all. It does show the green light on the motherboard, which means power IS going to the motherboard, but something is wrong. I don't think it's the cables since I've connected them the same way as my old 430 watt.

Now the interesting part is, my PC worked perfectly fine with my 430 watt; fans lit up and the usual noises of a working PC. But when I took out the 650 watt after a couple of hours of trying and re-installed the 430 watt, I had the same problem; green light on motherboard but PC wont boot up

Is there a problem with any of the hardware components? Im beginning to suspect that it might actually be the motherboard itself, since I had a very similar problem before. I had an Intel media series motherboard and every time I tried to boot it up, it wouldnt work at all, not until I replaced the motherboard with the current ASUS PH7H55 motherboard that I currently have. I seriously hope that is not the case and I misplaced a cable somewhere or maybe it was the power supply being DoA. Can anyone help?

2. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    Double check the power switch cable and CPU power cables.

1 person likes this.
  3. Zetta_x

Member Zetta_x The Insane Statistician

United States
    I double Originality's post, more with the powerswitch cable because that's more probable of not being correct.

4. MindC0ntroll
    OP

United States
    The CPU power cable is connected but Ill check the power switch

5. MindC0ntroll
    OP

United States
    I think I found the problem. The Power LED molex connector from my case, male side is broken. One of the little molex sticks came off and the green cable has been ripped out, my fault I guess. Ill upload a pic and put it in My gallery. Can I fix it? It looks like I cant replace it because that cable is stucked on to my case, starting from the backside of the on/off switch

6. chains_of_androm

Member chains_of_androm GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Good luck, maybe take it to a frys or micro center to see if it can be fixed.