Problem with my M3 Simply, microSD card slot

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by SteveFromCanadaE, Jun 17, 2007.

1. SteveFromCanadaE
    OP

Newcomer SteveFromCanadaE Member

Canada
    I have only had my M3 for a couple of weeks and today I had my DS Lite sitting on my bed and all of a sudden my microSD card popped out, and now it will not go back in. Am I going to have to send it back from whence it came and get a new one? Originally I wanted an R4 but someone lost the last shipment from the site I was ordering it from and instead they gave me an M3 Simply. Is there a way to fix the spring issue myself or should I get a new M3? :'(

2. pinoyfreestyle

Newcomer pinoyfreestyle Member

United States
  3. ryuhosuke

Newcomer ryuhosuke Advanced Member

Canada
    did you push it all the way in? i had that problem too, but you have to push it in lightly

4. SteveFromCanadaE
    OP

Canada
    I have tried pushing it in about 20 times. It never has given me a problem up until now. And I doubt tape will work, because if the card is not in place properly, the data will not be read.

5. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    Contact the store you got it from and see if they will replace it. If they won't, you may need to perform surgery.

6. SteveFromCanadaE
    OP

Canada
    I sent an email to KickGaming earlier today, however I dont expect a response until Monday at the earliest. I tried the tape thing though, it seems to be working ok for now, I just dont like the idea of it being broken though and I hear it is common among M3 Simply cards to have spring issues.

7. mikagami

Member mikagami GBAtemp Regular

United States
    R4 and M3 DS are the same thing, made in the same factory, so the brand really isn't the issue. Just contact the company and get a return.

8. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    If you can bear with no spring, then you might as well just remove it. I don't see anybody complaining about the Cyclo's springless slot, so they must be pleased with it.

9. freshmeat666

Newcomer freshmeat666 Newbie

Canada
    Major noob here... How do you remove the spring? I took the screw out but cannot get the Ds Simply cart to open. I would have thought that with the screw out it would just pull apart but I am meeting much resistance. any help would be great!

Thanks