Hacking Problem with my Cyclo.....I'm at a loss.

DaBurgh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I first posted about this problem SEVERAL months ago and had a few responses. I essentially haven't touched my EVO since that last post but recently decided I was going to fire it back up and try and get to the bottom of the issue. The problem I'm having is I fire up the Evo and get to the game menu and once in where the games list it won't stop scrolling down. I can push up and it will go up but when I let go it flies to the bottom. The issue makes it damn near impossible to select a game. Now once in game everything is fine. I can also put in actual DS games and everything works fine. I reformatted the Micro SD card which is a Sandisk and loaded the latest firmware and the problem still remains. Is there something I'm not doing that I should be or is my EVO now defective? I'm going to assume I'm out of the warranty period so I'm not sure what to do at this point. I purchased the card from REAL HOT STUFF.

consolemaniac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have you recallibarated ur touch screen? maybe its from the touch and when you touch it sticks? or it could be from ur down arrow sticking? have u tried going back to an earlier version of cyclo firmware. i heard the newest has some minor issues. havent heard of this type of problem. might sound a bit wack that im telling you to try these, but it might help. also try hard resetting from a game back to the menu using the L+R+A+B+X+Y buttons, and also do you have a custom skin for ur cyclo? that may be causing a problem. try heading into the settings and turning of the skin if u have one and also any other non default settings. which ds do u have?

DaBurgh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a DS phat and didn't realize until your suggestion that my touch screen is apparently not working. I'm going to pull it apart when I get some time and see if a few connections are off or I'll just break down and pick up a DS lite.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DaBurgh said:
I have a DS phat and didn't realize until your suggestion that my touch screen is apparently not working. I'm going to pull it apart when I get some time and see if a few connections are off or I'll just break down and pick up a DS lite.

If you're going to do that, at least wait until the DSi is released in your region, that way the price of the DSL will drop.

DaBurgh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jesterscourt said:
DaBurgh said:

If you're going to do that, at least wait until the DSi is released in your region, that way the price of the DSL will drop.

When does the DSi drop?

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
No idea, but it will not do good - He meant that buy your LITE when DSi is released there where you live. Why Lite - maybe because no flashcart works in DSi (if you didn't know yet)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 9:02 am here