Gaming Problem with my 3DS

Rukia-san

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,
So, I got my 3DS and after playing around with it, I noticed 3 damaged pixels, I was a little disappointed but I can live with it... But when I tried the recorder and the mic test, it was clear that my mic doesn't work properly, what should I do now? Iirc the shop where I bought the 3DS are out of stock, I guess they will not replace it even if I ask for another one? Will they send it to Nintendo? Should I demand a refund?

2 years ago I sent my DS lite to Nintendo repair and they changed it for another one which was worse and the bottom screen crashed... I don't trust them anymore.

Kawo

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
DS Phat - 1 dead pixel
DS Lite - 0 dead pixel
DSi - 1 or 2? dead pixel
3DS - 0 dead pixel

My policy is testing the damn thing in the shop everytime.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go to your store. Nintendo wouldn't mess up this bad.

Your 3DS probably got thrown around in delivery, so it's a good idea to see if you can get a replacement.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
It's strange... So many people say they have dead pixels I have NEVER once gotten a system new with them.

I guess I am just really lucky. I have gotten launch systems a bunch of times...

Try going to the same retailer, different store. Check another one that has them in stock.

Zarxrax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If the retailer doesnt have any, just keep it and play with it until they get some more in stock. You usually get 30 days or so in which you can return a product. It's better than having to ship it off to nintendo and being without it for a few weeks.

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
I had a lot of problems with bad pixels when I first bought my original DS.
The shop I bought it from was happy enough to exchange it though. Ended up having to exchange 2 or 3 times before I got one without any bad pixels.

Rukia-san

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you guys,
I'll go to the Shop today and ask them to change it, I can wait for another one if they don't have spare atm, because really if it was only the dead pixels I wouldn't mind but the mic almost don't work...
Question: Shall I formate the 3DS and pack it back or just give it to them like that? I hope they will not refuse to change it back because I opened the box and played with the system.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rukia-san said:
Thank you guys,
I'll go to the Shop today and ask them to change it, I can wait for another one if they don't have spare atm, because really if it was only the dead pixels I wouldn't mind but the mic almost don't work...
Question: Shall I formate the 3DS and pack it back or just give it to them like that? I hope they will not refuse to change it back because I opened the box and played with the system.
I'd recommend you don't format the 3DS. You have to proof that you have used it and you have seen the dead pixels yourself.

Rukia-san

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks again
smile.gif

I managed to get it changed but guess what? The new one has hinge issues, really can I be anymore unlucky. What's up with Nintendo? Dead pix, Hinge issues and Black Screen of Death...
I hope tomorrow he will change it again, if not...
closedeyes.gif

PixlCrushr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think I have been lucky too, as through a multitude of consoles, monitors and LCD T.V's, I have never had a dead pixel!

Including my 3DS ^^

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Schlupi said:
It's strange... So many people say they have dead pixels I have NEVER once gotten a system new with them.

I guess I am just really lucky. I have gotten launch systems a bunch of times...

Try going to the same retailer, different store. Check another one that has them in stock.

The only time I have had a dead pixel on anything was on my tv/monitor I'm using atm. It's right at the bottom and you can barely notice it. I couldn't be arsed sending it back to play.com.

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
How do you if the 3DS has bad pixels? I don't know much about bad pixels as I've never encountered a gadget with such glitch.

Thanks.

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Damn, I've got a DS (the original lol) and now I've got a 3DS and I've not had a problem with either of them. I hope your bad luck doesn't last cuz I know if that happend to me I'd get ticked off, but keep fighting till you get what you paid for.

Good Luck

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
omgpwn666 said:
Give Nintendo another chance.

I agree with this. I had a DSL, and the hinge broke after a couple of years because of, frankly, poor design on Nintendo's part. I sent it back to them, they said they could fix it for 30 bucks. In the mail a week later I got a BRAND NEW one, and it works just perfectly. Good deal.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
regnad said:
omgpwn666 said:
Give Nintendo another chance.

I agree with this. I had a DSL, and the hinge broke after a couple of years because of, frankly, poor design on Nintendo's part. I sent it back to them, they said they could fix it for 30 bucks. In the mail a week later I got a BRAND NEW one, and it works just perfectly. Good deal.
So pretty much you got a new DSL for 30 bucks.
unsure.gif

That pretty sweet.
yay.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu