Problem with multiple display adapters.

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Tomobobo, May 19, 2007.

May 19, 2007
  1. Tomobobo
    OP

Member Tomobobo Champion.

United States
    I was hoping to have an issue fixed regarding multiple monitors and adapters. Or at least explained.
    I'm running an Nvidia 6600 pci-e for my primary adapter and my primary and secondary monitor.
    I'd like to add a second card to run my tertiary monitor, but I'm having issues.
    It's an ATI radeon 9200 pci (not express). First of all, the second adapter won't display on power on, when I go into the bios or anything previous to windows. And when I get into windows, I try to install the drivers for my second card and I get bluescreens.
    Does anyone have any suggestions?

2. shtonkalot

Member shtonkalot Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!

Australia
    Have you verified the card works?
    It'll be a much simpler setup if you get a PCI nVidia card for your 3rd monitor.
    An old TNT2 or above should do the job.

3. Tomobobo
    OP

Member Tomobobo Champion.

United States
    The card does work, but it's a pain in the ass to get the PC to even boot with both cards installed. When I do get it to boot, the second adapter has a problem after the drivers are installed saying "the device cannot start".

I don't see why two different brands of cards would make any difference at all. I don't only have the ATI, I have tried to install just a crappy Trident adapter, and I achieve the same results.