Problem with multi rom

Discussion in 'GBA - Emulation' started by bradzx, Feb 2, 2019.

1. bradzx
    OP

bradzx x-Darkie-x

Sep 19, 2009
    United States
    Ponyville
    I have no idea which GBA/GBC/GB emulator will support for multi rom.

For example, I am trying load this game that have 4 in 1.
    Rocman X Gold + 4 in 1
    I figure this game might have pirate game for Megaman style. But it won't work any kind emulator that I tried. I tried BGB, VBA, BizHawk and KigB.

How can I play it? Should I use GBC bio or something else for support multi rom for gbc?

2. Ryccardo

Ryccardo and his tropane alkaloids

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    While the GB/C doesn't have the chaos of mappers of the NES (with 8 of them, including the no mapper option, dominating the licensed release list) there is no reason an original arbitrary mapper (which the actual hardware doesn't care about anyway) couldn't be made: and indeed that's what a decent number of multicards/flashcards do, with obvious implications for emulation

If it is one of those games with a "NEXT" button on the card (or which expects you to change games by quickly power cycling), the roms can probably be neatly split in 4 parts with one game each: but the implementation could be as arbitrary as the "re"developer wanted

Last edited by Ryccardo, Feb 2, 2019
  3. bradzx
    OP

bradzx x-Darkie-x

Sep 19, 2009
    United States
    Ponyville
    In other word, none of emulator have support for multi rom. What about GBA? It does work for two games in 1. But I dont understand why 4 in 1 is not working.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted