OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has been solved already but i'm having a problem with mplayer_ce For some reason when I watch a video for a half hour or more mplayer just stops playing it! Now the only thing I can think of that would cause this is an incorrect cios but ive reinstalled hermes over and over again. Anyone have any ideas why it does this? Btw im on system menu 4.2 if that helps

mafiaman1564

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No its is every video I try to play that is longer then a half an hour. Like tv shows usually last but when I watch movies it just stops playing like halfway through.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
You'd need to give more info for people to help.

What format are the videos etc Maybe they are huge HD vids ?
How do you play them ? DVD, SD, USB, SMB ?

If USB or SD maybe your card/drive doesn't have the best support, if SMB maybe you've got a pc problem. You can cancel this idea out by just trying a different way to launch them EG if you load by HDD, try SMB or SD or DVD. If you do and they still cause problems it's most likely the format of the movies, again you can cancel this out if you have a few movies with differnt encoding/format.

If they play for a while the format and codec must be supported, also if they are playing for a while it surely can't be the cIOS.

I never get problems using SMB but my movies are generally 700mb-1.4gb xvids.

You need to narrow down the problem a bit more.

mafiaman1564

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well im loading off of an NTFS formatted usb drive but iv'e tried other usb drives and they do the same thing. Im not quite sure how to set up smb cause iv'e never thought of using it, and dvd works fine. I dont't think its the usb drive though cause I can load iso's off it with no problems.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
You said DVd works fine ?

So these exact same movies play fine if running from a data DVD ? , then it must be the hard drive or you need to reword what you mean.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
mafiaman1564 said:
Yes they do work from dvd Fine but if it is the hard drive then what can I do to fix it?

I don't know tbh. I don't use NTFS with mplayer_ce I use FAT.

Maybe someone else will respond and be more help than me, at least we know it's the HDD now.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
SMB doesn't lag or pause for anything I watch.
I prefer SMB to anything else myself as I can stream the movies/episodes to any room in the house without needing to copy the file etc.

If you have room on your HDD for another partition you could try adding a FAT partition and testing that if you still want to use a HDD, the only thing I can think of is maybe mplayer doesn't like NTFS, but I wouldn't know as I've never used NTFS with it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs