ROM Hack Problem with Moonshell 2, and GBA roms.

Kafke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I switched to using Moonshell 2 today, only to find out it doesn't support GBA Roms or Cheats.

So... After researching, I figured that I needed Gba Exploader. I load it up with Moonshell (the correct directory for extensions moonshl2\extlink) and I click my rom, and it doesn't load
frown.gif
It gives me the error:

Slot2 expansion pack not found
Please redo from start.
(A):Confirm

I hit A and it shuts down the ds.

I have a supercard lite (yes it sucks). You have to patch the roms to run it off slot2, which is why I liked ysmenu, you didn't have to patch. How do I make my supercard work with gba exploader? and is there an extension to moonshell to enable cheats?

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
Kafke said:
So, I switched to using Moonshell 2 today, only to find out it doesn't support GBA Roms or Cheats.

So... After researching, I figured that I needed Gba Exploader. I load it up with Moonshell (the correct directory for extensions moonshl2\extlink) and I click my rom, and it doesn't load
frown.gif
It gives me the error:

Slot2 expansion pack not found
Please redo from start.
(A):Confirm

I hit A and it shuts down the ds.

I have a supercard lite (yes it sucks). You have to patch the roms to run it off slot2, which is why I liked ysmenu, you didn't have to patch. How do I make my supercard work with gba exploader? and is there an extension to moonshell to enable cheats?

Its saying you need to have a Slot2 Device, an Ezflash 3in1 or something similar that you can load GBA roms onto. Otherwise your outta luck.

Kafke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>.> I have supercard lite. I have been able to play gba roms this whole time. Right now I autoboot into Moonshell2 which is causing problems. I can start slot 2 to play (but it needs convert) or I can boot YSmenu to play (no convert needed, and has gba roms on slot1). But I can't boot them from moonshell (which is the problem). I assumed gba exploader for moonshell is what I needed, but it is giving errors.

Basically what I need is something like Ysmenu's gba loader, except for moonshell.

Edit: Another tidbit of info, Opera wasn't picking up my supercard lite until I patched it, do i need to do the same thing to gba exploader? Is there a patch for it?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure Moonshell2 won't load commercial NDS ROMs, could it also not load commercial GBA ROMs?

There is a 'trick' to get Moonshell to load commercial ROMs by replacing some of the files with YSMenu files -- basically every time you load a NDS game, it will launch YSMenu which will autolaunch the game. You can find a pretty detailed guide on GBAtemp, just search for Moonshell and Commercial.

Kafke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^ That's the reason I switched to it. However, There is No Cheats or GBA Support like in YSmenu. There is an extension called gba exploader that allows you to run gba games off moonshell, but it is not working for Supercard Lite
frown.gif

benjaminlibl

Funky Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
I'm not sure if this will help, but which version are you using? Because I had the exact same problem with my DSTT, and it was because I didn't update to the newest version. If I'm not wrong, it's supposed to be 0.58 or something.

Kafke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not using DSTT.
I'm using R4+YSMenu+Supercard Lite
idk what version of exploader I'm using. I'll try getting the lastest version. It's not that important as I can just load up Ysmenu when I want to play gba.

Kafke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>.> I figured out what was wrong. Apparently the developer blocked M3 Cards. And Since M3==R4 It didn't work. So I got 1.58b+m3patch and it somewhat worked. I got the app loaded, but the rom itself wont load
frown.gif
I'd rather just startup YSmenu, it's faster and easier. Thanks for the help though
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)