Hacking Problem with micro SD causes acekard 2i to stay stuck on loading scree

hayley27

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought an 8G micro SD card to use with my acekard 2i for the DSi. It was originally working fine with a few games I put on there, but I took the micro SD card out of the acekard to put more games on it with my computer and it stopped working. I think this happened after I took the micro SD card out of the acekard, it felt like it got caught a little and pulled something. My computer still recognizes the SD card when I put it in my card reader, but when I try to open the SD card folder my computer freezes up a little, and tells me I need to format my SD card before use. I already formatted it when I first got it and it had been working properly. When I try to format my card (either with windows or another program I downloaded) I get an error saying the disk or card is not supported or it is unable to format. I don't know what to do and I don't want to have to go out and buy another micro SD card. Right now since I can't format my micro SD card, when I put it into my acekard it still shows up on my dsi but the software stays stuck on the loading screen. Any comments or suggestions will help, thank you!

Leonidas

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
What card reader do you use? A real card reader, or the USB adapter that comes with the Acekard 2? Does it support SDHC?

Leonidas

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Bookwormz13971 said:
To put games on there in the first place it would have had to been SDHC compatible.
It's never wrong to ask, because sometimes people have two or more readers, but then they use the non SDHC one, and it doesn't work, and then they come here complaining.

hayley27

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Leonidas said:
What card reader do you use? A real card reader, or the USB adapter that comes with the Acekard 2? Does it support SDHC?

I have an 8G micro sdhc card, and am using a regular sandisk card adapter to tranfer files from the card reader on my laptop. I also tried putting my micro sd in the adapter and inserting it into a digital camera to format it, but there was still a formatting error.
unsure.gif

hayley27

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Leonidas said:
Bookwormz13971 said:
To put games on there in the first place it would have had to been SDHC compatible.
It's never wrong to ask, because sometimes people have two or more readers, but then they use the non SDHC one, and it doesn't work, and then they come here complaining.

I am using the non sdhc adapter because that is the only one I had. I bought the micro sd from a company called deal extreme, they are located in Hong Kong and simply taped that adapter to the back of my micro sd. If I really need a micro sdhc adapter to use with my micro sdhc card, then why on earth did it work the first time...
huh.gif

hayley27

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
58ef_2.JPG

Also, this picture from a website I found explains that sdhc cards should be compatible with regular sd adapters, so I don't think that's the issue here.

Leonidas

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
That picture shows SD device is not compatible with SDHC card. However SDHC device is compatible with SD and SDHC.

hayley27

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Leonidas said:
That picture shows SD device is not compatible with SDHC card. However SDHC device is compatible with SD and SDHC.

Okay, sorry, you're right. That picture looked like it was implying micro sd cards and adapters being used with devices. Allright, so then why is every website I look at shipping regular sd card adapters with their micro sdhc cards like what happened to me? That's crazy, I saw about 10 websites selling micro sdhc with sd adapters, shouldn't they know not to do that? And why did it originally work first? *sigh*

scrtmstr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
The SDHC card reader thing should not be a problem. I've also got a 8gb micro sdhc card, and a non sdhc card reader, and it works like a charm. Maybe you've broken something in or on you microsdhc card. Try borrowing another sd card and see if that works in your acekard or sdreader.

hayley27

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
scrtmstr said:
The SDHC card reader thing should not be a problem. I've also got a 8gb micro sdhc card, and a non sdhc card reader, and it works like a charm. Maybe you've broken something in or on you microsdhc card. Try borrowing another sd card and see if that works in your acekard or sdreader.

Yeah, I didn't think it would be a problem either, it originally worked fine, but like I said, I think I broke or pulled something on my micro sd when I was taking it out of my acekard. As soon as I get home I will try putting a different micro sd card in my reader and seeing if that works. I think I am going to have to end up buying a new micro sd card.

scrtmstr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
you probably will. Check if you can see something on the outside, like one of the contacts is scratched or broken off. Maybe if you heard a real breaking noise, you might even have broken the memory inside.

ParMa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So a microSD card with a SD reader won't work for Acekard 2i?

That's all I have money for, do I need to dish out more to get the SDHC setup going or what?
I can understand anything, somebody just has to explain it so a fourthgrader can comprehend it.

Leonidas

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
ParMa said:
So a microSD card with a SD reader won't work for Acekard 2i?

That's all I have money for, do I need to dish out more to get the SDHC setup going or what?
I can understand anything, somebody just has to explain it so a fourthgrader can comprehend it.
Regular microSD cards work just fine with Acekard 2. I have one 1GB Sandisk and it works perfectly.

hayley27

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I tried putting a different micro sd card (2g sd) in my adapter and my computer reads it and so does my acekard2i. So I guess I must have messed something up on my micro sdhc. Bummer, that thing was 8 gigs.
frown.gif
Now I have to go buy a new one. I guess the lesson learned is these things are fuckin' tiny and you have to be really gentle with them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1