problem with lamboy 12

Discussion in 'GBA - Emulation' started by shadowdorothy, Oct 4, 2009.

1. shadowdorothy
    OP

shadowdorothy Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 7, 2008
    United States
    so I've been using lameboy 12 for 2 days now, and found a problem. it won't save my game file. I saved my game in DQ1 and went back to play it later and I was lvl 8 again. I had been lvl10 and all my data had been lost. I got some game stuff done and went to save again and it still didn't save. could it be a configuration problem? i have it on full screen, x/y as start select and fps on. could one of those things be the problem.

2. aphirst

aphirst "Aren't girls with pee-pees just men?"

Oct 22, 2007
    Gambia, The
    Augsburg
    X/Y as Start/Select seems to be the problem.

In Lameboy, when you *Save* in-game, it isn't actually written to the MicroSD unless you either:

1) use the Lameboy menu to "exit" the game
    -or-
    2) press the "save" hotkey, which is X by default.

Since you've reset X to start/select, you need to make sure to "Exit" the game through lameboy before you power off your DS. [​IMG]

3. shadowdorothy
    OP

shadowdorothy Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 7, 2008
    United States
    really? it saved to the memory card before I switched X/Y. I never used X/Y to save either, I used the save method for DQ1, going and talking to the king. I started to use save states, but this makes me sad because maybe i should downgrade back to lameboy 11.

4. DanTheManMS

DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

Jun 2, 2007
    United States
    Georgia
    Every single version of Lameboy has acted this way, including v11. The *.sav file is not updated unless you use the hotkey or return to the rom list. You must do one of these two things after saving in-game for it to be effective.