OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
so I've been using lameboy 12 for 2 days now, and found a problem. it won't save my game file. I saved my game in DQ1 and went back to play it later and I was lvl 8 again. I had been lvl10 and all my data had been lost. I got some game stuff done and went to save again and it still didn't save. could it be a configuration problem? i have it on full screen, x/y as start select and fps on. could one of those things be the problem.

aphirst

Trophies
Website
aphirst.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
X/Y as Start/Select seems to be the problem.

In Lameboy, when you *Save* in-game, it isn't actually written to the MicroSD unless you either:

1) use the Lameboy menu to "exit" the game
-or-
2) press the "save" hotkey, which is X by default.

Since you've reset X to start/select, you need to make sure to "Exit" the game through lameboy before you power off your DS.
biggrin.gif

shadowdorothy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
really? it saved to the memory card before I switched X/Y. I never used X/Y to save either, I used the save method for DQ1, going and talking to the king. I started to use save states, but this makes me sad because maybe i should downgrade back to lameboy 11.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every single version of Lameboy has acted this way, including v11. The *.sav file is not updated unless you use the hotkey or return to the rom list. You must do one of these two things after saving in-game for it to be effective.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.