Hacking Problem with Ikaruga on Wii

Lacrimosa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I have a problem: I tried to run Ikaruga on my Wii using wiinja chip. After the first level, the game gets stuck. I tried both PAL and NTSC versions and burned them with different speeds (4x, 6x, 8x). Always the same problem.

Is there any solution for this game? It's the main reason I put a chip on my Wii.
cry.gif

chronjohnson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
CODE Â Â Â Â__:_ Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â__/\__ Â Â Â Â Â_:__
   Â\ |//(>> Â* ÂS ÂT ÂA ÂR ÂC ÂU ÂB ÂE Â*   Â\  Â/              Ikaruga            Game Info:                       Release Notes:                    Â

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
both pal and ntsc version won't work on my pal wii either, i can't even get into the game let alone the first level, the game is simply not recognized and gives a error, i don't care that much because i have the dreamcast version anyway, can't be bothered with stupid patches.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Yep. Most selfboot Japanese Dreamcast ISOs will work fine on US units when burned correctly (unlike official discs which use regional lockout). Not sure about Europe ones, as I don't have a PAL TV or system.

Lacrimosa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
@chronjohnson: I have the exact same version of Ikaruga and it's not working. I also searched for this "CDDA fix tool from Orbital" and I didn't found it.
frown.gif

Damn damn damn.

edit: I can get into menu screen, I can play the first stage but after that my Wii crashes.

dsbomb

Trophies
Website
dsbomb.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I ran into this as well. Back then, everybody said it was because of the Wiikey and audio streaming incompatibilities. But eventually, I found one that just worked. I played through like 3 levels and it didn't crash. This one is 204MB and the CRC is 54E8F693.

And this was well before the leaked Wiikey update, which I still haven't gotten around to installing.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Yep. Most selfboot Japanese Dreamcast ISOs will work fine on US units when burned correctly (unlike official discs which use regional lockout). Not sure about Europe ones, as I don't have a PAL TV or system.

i have the usa verson for my pal dreamcast, my tv supports ntsc so no problems there.
biggrin.gif

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
btw...since i installed the wiikey into my wii I'm getting error reads in gamecube games... turn off your gamecube and bla bla bla it says.. And those are ORIGINAL gamecube games...

chronjohnson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah I tried to abort that post but it kept coming. At least I'm not telling you to try putting the disk into a Dreamcast.

I_Am_L

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, i got it working using Neogamma R9 B47, you may not hear any audio in terms of music, but the rest works, so there is no problems whatsoever.... hope that helps

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
*cough*
Considering this thread is from 2007...I think you should be glad if the original poster actually reads your reply, L. But I doubt the problem is still an issue after all these years.
wink.gif

lulwut

Trophies
XP
Country
Wever said:
*cough*
Considering this thread is from 2007...I think you should be glad if the original poster actually reads your reply, L. But I doubt the problem is still an issue after all these years.
wink.gif
and the issue is really easy since afaik all pirated ways will have issues with the audio.
this is why i just ended up buying the game for 10$

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM