problem with homebrew store app for ps4 with ESP8266 device not working

tommy28

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, i have got a probelm and i need to ask right i have installed the homebrew store app on my ps4 i am on 7.55 firmware i use a ESP8266 device and i did the debug stuff to install this app homebrew store.

but when i go to click on it it says this error message
connection to the cdn failed with 804101e1
then when i click the ok button on the bottom of the screen.

it says a other error message it says
the store loader has encountered an error.
so does anyone have a fix or workround cos i have seen videos on youtube of people opening up this homebrew store app.

i have not seen any videos of people using it with a ESP8266 device does it work with that device
the only reason i want to use this homebrew store app is because you can dump ps4 games to external hard drive
and when more updates come out for this it is so post to have more stuff added.

anyway so does anyone know how to fix this problem does it work with a ESP8266 device cos it keeps coming up with thoses error messages all the time when i launch the homebrew store app.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've recently become friends with the dev of the homebrew store, lightning mods, so I do know something about it. The store must be on the internal hdd, and you must be signed in. It downloads dependencies when you first boot it up. Those dependencies go in the apps folder outside of the app.pkg, so they can't be put in the homebrew store pkg. Another option is to ftp the files. I could probably give the files if you want to ftp them. There's 19 of them and 2 or 3 folders iirc.

Reactions: alepman90

tommy28

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi godreborn how do i use theses files then
i watched the modded warefare video on youtube and he installs it on a ps4 without a esp8266 device.
also modded warfare on that youtube video never said you had to sign in to the homebew store app the youtube video shows you installing onto a ps4 and opening it up and you see the list of games for it. and he said you can also dump ps4 games with this homebrew store app.

but there is no video of installing it on a esp8266 device also will there be anyway in the future to just play ps4 games off external hard drive without turning them into a pkg file i really would like to play my ps4 games like the ps3 way where you boot up a backup manager and boot the games off a external hard drive.

the homebrew app for ps4 i think it is like the multiMAN what is for ps3 but of course you have to turn the ps4 games into pkg files i am really waiting for someone to do a video of installing the homebrew app and getting it to work on a esp8266 device.

but nobody has done a video yet not even modded warfare i dont want to do ftp way i really want to dump the ps4 games the throughhomebrew store app like the modded warfare video shows you i really want to do that way but for esp8266 device.

also if you are friends with the dev lightning mods is there anyway he can do a video on his twitter page of installing this homebrew store pkg file on a esp8266 device.

also if the dev lightning mods has made this homebrew store pkg file is there anyway he could make a update for the homebrew store app were you can boot ps4 games straight off a external hard drive without turning them into pkg files.

cos it is a lot of messing around turning ps4 games into pkg files it would be a lot better if you could some how you could boot the ps4 games straight off a external hard drive with maybe something like the homebrew store app or some type of backup manager for the ps4.

Last edited by tommy28,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that I don't know. I haven't really messed with the app. however, I think you have to be signed in to download some dependencies. I think that's what lightning mods told me or you have to ftp over the dependencies as they're not part of the pkg. I asked him if you could make the dependencies part of the pkg, and he said you can't. the dependencies actually go outside of the pkg. the system will download the dependencies when you're online. I'm not sure if the features you're talking about work offline or not or if the app requires an online connection even if you download the dependencies as I never tested it.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here's where he mentions it (hope he doesn't mind me posting this):

1637326482566.png

or you can ftp the files. I've done both.

tommy28

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
HI godreborn IS THERE ANY WAY YOU COULD TURN THOSES FILES THAT YOU HAVE TO FTP OVER AND TURN THEM INTO A PKG FILE THAT I CAN JUST INSTALL. I ALL READY HAVE THE HOMEBREW STORE PKG INSTALLED BUT IF I HAVE TO FTP THOSES FILES OVER WHICH I CANT DO THAT COS I DONT KNOW HOW TO DO FTP THEM. I KNOW THAT IT IS SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE INTERNET BUT I HAVE NEVER DONE FTP. IS THERE ANY WAY godreborn YOU COULD TURN THOSES FILES IN THE MEDIAFIRE LINK AND TURN THEM INTO A PKG FILE. COULD YOU MAKE THOSES FILES INTO 1 PKG FILE THAT I CAN JUST INSTALL THEN MAYBE IT WOULD WORK OR COULD YOUR FRIEND LM TURN THOSES FILES AND MAKE 1 PKG FILE OF THEM. IF IT CAN BE DONE IS THERE ANYWAY godreborn OR YOUR FRIEND LM COULD MAKE 1 PKG FILE OF THOSES FILES IN THE MEDIAFIRE LINK. SO IT IS JUST TO MAKE A PKG FILE LOTS OF DEVS MAKE PKG FILES DAILY SO COULD godreborn OR YOUR FRIEND LM MAKE A PKG FILE OF THE FILES IN THE MEDIA FIIRE LINK. or is there anyway LM could make a new homebrew store pkg with all the files into 1 pkg file or 2 pkg files that you install. i only want to use the homebrew store to dump ps4 disc games to hard drive i dont need it for anything else.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can get the right package from pkg-zone. download the store from there. you only need to ftp dependencies if you compile the eboot. it's an update eboot, not the full version, which is why that's needed. you won't have to do that through pkg-zone. it will download everything you need.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw, there's an option (not enabled by default) that lm told me about to where it will boot you back to the homebrew store via the ps button when exiting a game, so you could have a pseudo-new home screen style with box art. I haven't tried it, and I forgot what that option is called. I'll ask, one moment.

tommy28

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi godreborn can i ask you would this method work if i go to that site https://pkg-zone.com/ and download this software PS4-Xplorer and put it onto a external hard drive and install it on a ps4.

then put the files what is in the mediafire link at the top of this post onto a external hard drive
then open up PS4-Xplorer on the ps4 console and browse for the files on the external hard drive and copy them to the internal hard drive.

would then the homebrew store app work then
if i copy the files to the internal hard drive from the external hard drive would that method work then.

cos i dont want to ftp them over cos i dont know how to set that up so would this method work then.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi godreborn can i ask you would this method work if i go to that site https://pkg-zone.com/ and download this software PS4-Xplorer and put it onto a external hard drive and install it on a ps4.

then put the files what is in the mediafire link at the top of this post onto a external hard drive
then open up PS4-Xplorer on the ps4 console and browse for the files on the external hard drive and copy them to the internal hard drive.

would then the homebrew store app work then
if i copy the files to the internal hard drive from the external hard drive would that method work then.

cos i dont want to ftp them over cos i dont know how to set that up so would this method work then.
you no longer need to have the hb store on internal. its dependencies will be downloaded to internal though, but the app itself will be on external if you have your system set up to install to external.

tommy28

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
oh well i got the homebrew store pkg file off the other site pshax cos that is the one i installed is that the same homebrew store pkg on that other site you say https://pkg-zone.com/

can i install pkg file homebrew store when i put it onto a external hard drive it installs onto a internal hard drive that is what i did and it just comes up with a error then it goes back onto the main ps4 screen.

it is the other files i have not done yet cos you said you have to ftp them over which i dont know how to set up ftp or how that works.

it is just moving thoses files onto internal hard drive there must be a over way to do that then ftp them over which i dont know how that is done.

also i did not know you can install pkg files straight onto external hard drive

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you don't need to ftp any files with the full version. it will download some files to internal hdd, yes, then it will kick you out. just go back in, and it should work.

tommy28

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
oh so what you are saying is that the one i got off pshax works then is that one the full version then. cos i only went on the homebrew store once on my ps4 when i installed it and it said error then it went back onto the main ps4 screen so i gave up then.

so what you are saying is that if i go back onto the homebrew store and if it does a error and goes back onto the main ps4 screen then what you are saying is to go back onto the homebrew store and it should work then.
also i dont know if it would download any files cos i am not connected to the internet i use the ESP8266 device chip which is offline but maybe it still installed the files cos i opened up the homebrew store for the first time and it said error then it went back onto the ps4 main screen.

i can still dump ps4 games throgh the userguide but i have heard that the homebrew store is a lot easy to dump ps4 games.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh so what you are saying is that the one i got off pshax works then is that one the full version then. cos i only went on the homebrew store once on my ps4 when i installed it and it said error then it went back onto the main ps4 screen so i gave up then.

so what you are saying is that if i go back onto the homebrew store and if it does a error and goes back onto the main ps4 screen then what you are saying is to go back onto the homebrew store and it should work then.
just try it. you may have to ask the dev himself about it on github or on his discord channel.

tommy28

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi have you got the devs github page and the devs discord page please so i can ask the dev a few questions about the homebrew store
also i dont have discord or github so i would ask my brother to ask the question to the dev

Last edited by tommy28,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We don't question people
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    me neither, i just bash them
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)