horton213

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
I tried to format my WD HD to WBFS using WBFS manager. However first it wouldnt format the drive to WBFS (got an error) .. then the hard drive wouldnt even show up under my computer.. its not recognizing it now.. any help would be appreciatted!
thanks
Chris

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
your pc is'nt suppossed to recognize it, its not windows compatible as WBFS.... only WBFS manager will "see" it.
Besides, why go with WBFS format? your drive will only limit to 500 games as WBFS....if you format to FAT32, your drive is unlimited.
Use Wii Backup Manager, and configurable USB loader to put the games on from pc to usb....

Oh, use FAT32 GUI Formatter. google it.

horton213

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya the problem is that WBFS manager didnt recognize it either. I will format it to FAT32 tonight.. do i have to convert the games from ISO to WBFS and then transfer them onto the FAT32 hard drive? Thanks for your help.
Chris

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, Wii Backup Manager automatically transfers any ISO, WBFS, ciso to a wbfs FOLDER on the fat32 drive.
no need to do anything, just find your drive on the tab, drive 1, goto the file tab, find the ISO or whatever, select transfer to drive 1, and let it run.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey