Homebrew Problem with HANS (new3DS XL 11.2.0-35E)

05Link05

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi.
I was using HANS to patch some games on my new Nintendo 3DS XL. I inserted the .romfs file in the hans folder in the root of my SD card, I ran the Homebrew Launcher (I don't use exploits like Ninjhax, Oot3Dhax, Menuhax or Browserhax, but I installed the HBL on my 3DS through FBI: I have a9lh), and I ran HANS. I selected the target game, I set romfs, code, CPU, region, etc..., but when I tap Ok, my 3DS freezes. I get this screen http://i67.tinypic.com/2pq83yt.jpg
I tried to change the settings like romfs, code, region, language etc... But it either freezes or take me back to the HBL screen.
How can I fix?
P.S.: I also used Ninjhax and Oot3Dhax but I got the same result. I can't run Menuhax and Browserhax beacause I'm on 11.2.0-35E and these exploits have been fixed.
P.P.S.: Sorry for my English but I'm Italian.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
What games are you trying to patch?

Have you had success patching these games with HANS in the past?

Have you tried to run HANS with those patches several times, and have you got that same screen (or were booted back to the HBL) every time?

Also, people have already been talking about issues with HANS in this thread.

05Link05

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm trying to patch Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance in italian. I downloaded the patch by their website, I dumped my game with braindump and with the resulting file I generated the romfs file.
This is the only game I tried to patch and I want to understand if the problem is the patch or HANS.

In the thread that you've linked I wrote that people who used steelhax had no problems. Do you confirm?

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm trying to patch Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance in italian. I downloaded the patch by their website, I dumped my game with braindump and with the resulting file I generated the romfs file.
This is the only game I tried to patch and I want to understand if the problem is the patch or HANS.

In the thread that you've linked I wrote that people who used steelhax had no problems. Do you confirm?
I would try to boot the game in HANS without the patch. If the game boots successfully, then the problem is with the patch.

I don't use steelhax, so sadly I can't confirm whether the entrypoint used has an effect.

05Link05

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I would try to boot the game in HANS without the patch. If the game boots successfully, then the problem is with the patch.

I don't use steelhax, so sadly I can't confirm whether the entrypoint used has an effect.

I tried to run random games (Not patched) with HANS and if I run them with HBL installed by CIA I got a yellow screen, while if I run them with Ninjhax, it takes me back to the HBL menu.
I suppose there is a problem with the exploit. Didn't you?

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I tried to run random games (Not patched) with HANS and if I run them with HBL installed by CIA I got a yellow screen, while if I run them with Ninjhax, it takes me back to the HBL menu.
I suppose there is a problem with the exploit. Didn't you?
I just tested it out for myself with a few cartridge games. All 'older' games (e.g. Senran Kagura Burst) work fine with HANS, whereas 'newer' games (e.g. DQVII, Pokémon Moon) send me back to the HBL. I imagine there's some issue with HANS that renders it incompatible with these games. I used both freakyhax and (v*)hax as entrypoints.

That being said, if you can install .cia files, then you could just use NTR instead of HANS to play games with patches, or you could install romhacks as .cia files to play them.

05Link05

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Did you try this on NEW 3DS and on FW 11.2.0? If yes then I proceed to install freakyhax.
P.S.: What is (v*)hax?:huh:

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Did you try this on NEW 3DS and on FW 11.2.0? If yes then I proceed to install freakyhax.
P.S.: What is (v*)hax?:huh:
New 3DS 11.0.0-33E. I don't think the entrypoint has anything to do with it; just which game you're trying to use with HANS.

(v*)hax is a entrypoint that uses VVVVVV. Doesn't work above 11.0.0.

05Link05

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm trying to run (with HANS) games older than Senran Kagura but I get the same problem... I would try to install freakyhax.
I don't think the entrypoint has anything to do with it; just which game you're trying to use with HANS.
I think so beacause if I run HANS with Ninjhax, it takes me back to the HBL menu, while if I run HANS with the CIA file I get freeze.

05Link05

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok. I updated some files (like boot.3dsx and the 3ds folder) and when I run random games with HANS, they boot successfully, but when I boot Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance I get freeze either with or without the patch. It seems strange because KHDDD is older than Senran Kagura or other games I ran successfully.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: