Hardware Problem with GC backups - D2Pro9 v2

whysleep

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I know you need to boot an original from you own region (PAL, in my case) to activate region free, and so I have, by loading an original Wii title. However, all my GameCube NTSC backups are displayed (through RGB) way up on the screen, incorrectly framed, with a slightly squashed look (the picture itself isn't cut, there's just a massive black bar on the bottom of the screen). Actually, it's the same exact thing that happened with my PS2 before a fix was included in a FW upgrade for DMS3.
Other issue I have, which is probably related, is that the audio fix doesn't make any difference whatsoever with NTSC backups with streaming audio; for example, Resident Evil always plays with out of sync audio in demo play and FMVs, and I already burned 3 different ISOs, patched and unpatched, and tried loading them with the audio fix enabled and disabled, and there's virtually no difference. With a PAL backup, however, the audio fix does the trick as it should.
So, my question is, is this only a matter of the current D2Pro9 FW still not being able to fix this GameCube issues, or was I supposed to run a GameCube original as well after installation to fully activate region free for GameCube backups?
Thanks in advance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Nope. Not into gaming.