Problem with Game Boy Micro headphone port?

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by masumo, Mar 27, 2007.

1. masumo
    OP

masumo Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 9, 2006
    United States
    Just got a Game Boy Micro- love it. However the headphone quality is horrible. I've tried 3 different sets of headphones and all three of them pick up this soft sound that sounds like radio interference. If the game is playing music it is less noticeable, but I can still hear it. Is this a common "flaw" in the GB Micro, or the entire GBA line for that matter? Or do I have a defective unit? Thanks in advance for any feedback!

2. Tanas

Tanas GBAtemp Addict

Aug 19, 2006
    Is a flaw in the entire GBA range, the sound quality of the GBA is quite poor.

3. masumo
    OP

masumo Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 9, 2006
    United States
    Thanks for the reply Tanas! I'm assuming then that everyone has this same problem and this is normal. Too bad. :'(

Are you sure though that the staticy sound is normal? It sounds like there is always a broken radio on in the distance...

I wonder why things such as the PlayYan exist then.....

4. Rayder

Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

Former Staff
    Jan 14, 2007
    United States
    USA
    From what I understand, the GBA has no filtering on the sound. That's why the sound has that static to it. It affects ALL GBA's.

Sorry, I can't remember the name of the particular type of filtering....as in its technical name, but that's what the problem is. The sound coming from a GBA is very raw.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice