Hacking problem with g6

eeliottheking

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am using a g6 (4g) with a passcard3 and i have enjoyed using it very much and i have had no problems until now. now when i turn it on with both in my ds it goes to the passcard screen, and then instead of booting to the g6 in nds mode, both screens go black and nothing happens. i can still connect my g6 to pc with no problems. can any one help? :'(

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Try booting into GBA mode. Most people usually have problems that result in white screens instead of black. Maybe someone who has had this kind of problem can help diagnose you a little better.

iwakura

HHNNNNNNGGGG
Trophies
Website
flashcartreviews.com
XP
Country
United States
i cant find it right now, but there was a thread on the G6 with "magic codes" or something where someone made a step by step process for fixing most broken G6's, and people seemed to be commenting that it worked.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you sound like a very unlucky person :'( thats a lot of stuff you have thats been broken
ohmy.gif
who stole your ds
mad.gif

iwakura

HHNNNNNNGGGG
Trophies
Website
flashcartreviews.com
XP
Country
United States
you sound like a very unlucky person :'( thats a lot of stuff you have thats been broken
ohmy.gif
who stole your ds
mad.gif

yeah, i'm pretty unlucky =[
as for the stolen DS, I have no idea. I was eating dinner in a restaurant (with my entire family! Mom, Dad, brother, and sister!) and I left my DS on the table to go to the restroom. by the time i got back...*poof*

nobody in my family saw a thing!
blink.gif

eeliottheking

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so should i format the g6 from my cpu? & i should of said this earlier, but i cant start it up in gba mode. my ds says "ds option pack inserted"

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
iwakura: Those steps can't be taken if the G6 won't start up in GBA mode.

First, back up all your saves. Get the maintenance utility from the G6 download site and use it on the G6 (it will take a while, just let it run), then format it as FAT (not FAT32). If that enables you to boot the G6 in GBA mode, reinstall the latest loader. If you can boot in GBA mode but you still have problems, try the steps in the post that shinji linked to.

If that doesn't work, you'll probably have to send it in for repair or replacement.

eeliottheking

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iwakura: Those steps can't be taken if the G6 won't start up in GBA mode.

First, back up all your saves. Get the maintenance utility from the G6 download site and use it on the G6 (it will take a while, just let it run), then format it as FAT (not FAT32). If that enables you to boot the G6 in GBA mode, reinstall the latest loader. If you can boot in GBA mode but you still have problems, try the steps in the post that shinji linked to.

If that doesn't work, you'll probably have to send it in for repair or replacement.

i did everything that you just described, and i followed the instructions that the g6 maintenance utility gives you, and still no luck. my pc boots up the g6 just fine and sees and even lets me run the U disk manager. but now when i insert the g6 into the gba port my ds doesnt even notice its there, i get the "there is nothing inserted in this slot" message

i really dont want to send it in for repairs, but if thats what it will come down to i will do it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: So true