Problem with Fire card

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by GunmanOnKnoll, Mar 18, 2008.

Mar 18, 2008

Problem with Fire card by GunmanOnKnoll at 6:34 AM (889 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. GunmanOnKnoll
    OP

Newcomer GunmanOnKnoll Newbie

Australia
    I just got my 2Gb firecard yesterday afternoon and by 10 last night it wasn't working.

It was preloaded with games but I added some more and I tried to set up Moonshell and dsorganise. I had just put Diddy Kong Racing on to it when I went to go watch some tv. When I turned it on in an ad break my DS didn't start up it was just a white screen with faint text (Health and saftey warning).
    My Ds starts up normally when it is not inserted but as soon as it is it can't get past this white screen.

Has anybody had a similar problem?

2. FireEmblemGuy

Member FireEmblemGuy Finally hit 1000 posts

United States
    Usually simply removing and reinserting the card helps; If that alone doesn't work, turn the DS on with the card in, tun it off again, remove the card and power on the DS, and try one more time with the card back in.

I've also noticed that the DS(especially the Phat) fails to read the card sometimes when the battery is low. Try charging it and see if that helps.

3. GunmanOnKnoll
    OP

Newcomer GunmanOnKnoll Newbie

Australia
    Thanks for the suggestions.

So does it do the same for everyone?

4. itchyjayy

Newcomer itchyjayy Newbie

United States
    happens to my DS, but then again my DS is old and probably not the cart's fault