Problem with Dumping 3DS Games

Nate23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, I've been trying to dump my 3DS cartridges to my PC (I have a New Nintendo 3DS XL), but I ran into a problem with the SD card that came with the 3DS.

The guide that I followed (not allowed to post the link, but it was from 3ds.hacks.guide) said that I need to use the software GodMode9 to dump the game to the SD card. It also said that I need to place this software in a specific folder on the SD card (the "/luma/payloads/" folder).

The problem with this is that the data that came with the SD card when I got the 3DS accidentally got deleted (I have no idea how), and I cannot locate the folder to put GodMode9 into.

Is there another way to dump 3DS games without using GodMode9, or possibly re-download the data that was in the SD card when it came with the 3DS?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I've been trying to dump my 3DS cartridges to my PC (I have a New Nintendo 3DS XL), but I ran into a problem with the SD card that came with the 3DS.

The guide that I followed said that I need to use the software GodMode9 to dump the game to the SD card. It also said that I need to place this software in a specific folder on the SD card (the "/luma/payloads/" folder).

The problem with this is that the data that came with the SD card when I got the 3DS accidentally got deleted (I have no idea how), and I cannot locate the folder to put GodMode9 into.

Is there another way to dump 3DS games without using GodMode9, or possibly re-download the data that was in the SD card when it came with the 3DS?
U make the folder

CoolMe

Old Soul..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The guide that I followed (not allowed to post the link, but it was from 3ds.hacks.guide) said that I need to use the software GodMode9 to dump the game to the SD card. It also said that I need to place this software in a specific folder on the SD card (the "/luma/payloads/" folder).

First things first, you have cfw installed, right? If not you can't dump your cartridges without a modded 3DS.
If your system is modded and you only want the homebrew files back on the sd card, here you can place GodMode9, FBI, Luma3DS etc. in the sd card, then here's how to dump a cart in GM9.
It goes without saying that you should test the sdcard with h2testw to check it's not defective or faulty, before doing the above. Then formatting it as FAT32 32KB cluster size if it passes the test. You should get a new SD card if it fails.
Also creating a nand backup of the 3DS is highly recommended. It's in the guide above as well.

General chit-chat
Help Users
    KenniesNewName @ KenniesNewName: We have syrup in Maerica also but cry babies had to go and ditch the logo over skin color