Problem with dumped copy of Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by rush2802, Jan 12, 2013.

1. rush2802
    OP

Newcomer rush2802 Member

Venezuela
    I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but here goes...

I made a 1:1 dump from an original Super Smash Bros. Brawl disc i borrowed from a friend, the process went smoothly but when i try to manage the game through Wii Backup Manager 13 errors show with strange partitions... i'm thinking those have to do with the Masterpieces the game has...

My question is: Can i do something so that the Masterpieces reman intact, playabe and don't show any errors within Wii Backup Manager? (i can remove the partition but i want to keep my copy as original as possible)

2. RodrigoDavy

Member RodrigoDavy GBAtemp Maniac

Brazil
    Maybe you didn't dump the game properly. At least with gamecubes discs, you can't just dump a game using a regular PC program, because the discs has some protection that make it difficult for a normal PC to read the disc properly.

Google how to dump a Wii game.

3. Vanth88

Member Vanth88 Private

United States
    Can you show me the errors? I'm thinking your dump wasn't dumped correctly because as a lot of other people can tell you Wii Backup Manager has no problems with SSBB. Make sure your dump matches the md5 listed here: http://www.gametdb.com/Wii/RSBP01 using md5 checker(http://getmd5checker.com/). I'd make sure you're also using the latest version)0.4.5 build 78 and run the 32bit version.

*EDIT* Also as the above poster said you can't dump the disc from your PC. Make sure you use CleanRip http://wiibrew.org/wiki/CleanRip

4. rush2802
    OP

Newcomer rush2802 Member

Venezuela
    I dumped it using CFG USB Loader onto an USB Flash Drive from the Wii itself

*EDIT* I know the basics of Wii game duping, this is the only one that's troublesome for some reason...

5. Vanth88

Member Vanth88 Private

United States
    Chances are it didn't dump correctly then. I think even USB Loader GX has issues with dumping some games. A lot of people recommend CleanRip. Try it out.

6. rush2802
    OP

Newcomer rush2802 Member

Venezuela
    i'll post the results with CleanRip later

*EDIT* I give up, CleanRip gives a "Write Error - Exiting in 10 seconds" every time... any other suggestions?

7. Vanth88

Member Vanth88 Private

United States
    You'll most likely need to use a NTFS drive to dump it as the game is a hefty 8GB although I'm sure someone could correct me if I'm wrong. You can choose to split the files by 1 GB or so and see if that works. If all else fails you can just find it "somewhere else" just make sure you "search for a wizard" *wink* *wink* *nudge* *cough* *hack* wheeze*