problem with cpu

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by bhamophet, Mar 3, 2007.

Mar 3, 2007

problem with cpu by bhamophet at 7:22 PM (677 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. bhamophet
    OP

Newcomer bhamophet Advanced Member

Malaysia
    hey i think sum of u here mite be able to help me out. halfway im using the com my cpu start making tit tit tit noises and shut it self down. when i restart my cpu still make the same noise but not booting. then a few minutes later im able to boot the cpu. but the screen says cpu mite be unworkable or has been changed. i pressed f1 to continue and it still works. wad is really happening?i have shallow knowledge bout computers. owh i use 1bit gd8pro motherboard. [​IMG]

2. Sinkhead

Former Staff Sinkhead yay p1ngpong.

United Kingdom
    It could be that the fan is jammed, that would explain the noise. I would recommend opening up your PC and checking the fan.

- Sam

3. bhamophet
    OP

Newcomer bhamophet Advanced Member

Malaysia
    it sound like a digital tit tit tit noise like the digimon device.. i checked the fan but all the fan seems to be turning.

4. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    The most likely cause is overheating, the reason it returns to working order is becuase it cooled down, the bios detects a CPU related crash and then tells you that it happened. Overheating is dangerous for CPUs so try to not use the computer until you get it working again.
    If you say you have no great knowledge of computers you will likely have not overclocked it which rules out one of the major reasons for heat change leaving us with broken/bad setup and either could have happened:
    Solution:
    Take the fan off and reseat it, if you used thermal paste then scrape what is there off and add a new layer. Also do as sinkhead says and make sure the fan is working properly.

A program to measure temperature and possibly fan speed (depending on your setup), your manual for the CPU (search online if you have to) will tell you what temperature it should run at but ballpark figures say you should not really exceed 55 degrees C external or 85 internal under full load:
    http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

5. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    is there any dust stuck in the fan. try cleaning it [​IMG]