Hacking Problem with cios 249?

weltall_of_id

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I have not used my wii for a really long time and now that I got back in it and updated my loader i keep getting error about 249 cios. I do go and manually set it to 222 mload that I used up to today and works just fine. I was using the 222 version of it cause I have a fat drive but now that the program does not have 2 different version it does not work as it used to be. Is there something I can do because I like Configurable USB loader.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I feel like, that I'm going around in circles...

Read this carefully and pay attention!:
- Get Syscheck GX from ModMii (Download Page 2)
- do a system check with SysCheck GX on your wii console
- run ModMii on your computer and select the syscheck update wizard
- when asked, drag and drop syscheck.csv from the root of your SD Card to ModMii. then press enter
- if there are any updates needed, continue
- copy files to sd card
- install wads with Multi-Mod Manager
- DONE!
Don't forget to set IOS in MMM to IOS236/36
or it won't install anything.

Edit: if you haven't used your wii in a while, especially with CFG Loader... Update to CFG Loader MOD v70-r34 here.

Just rename the downloaded dol as boot.dol and replace it over the one in the cfg-loader apps folder.

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like, that I'm going around in circles...

Read this carefully and pay attention!:
- Get Syscheck GX from ModMii (Download Page 2)
- do a system check with SysCheck GX on your wii console
- run ModMii on your computer and select the syscheck update wizard
- when asked, drag and drop syscheck.csv from the root of your SD Card to ModMii. then press enter
- if there are any updates needed, continue
- copy files to sd card
- install wads with Multi-Mod Manager
- DONE!
Don't forget to set IOS in MMM to IOS236/36
or it won't install anything.

Edit: if you haven't used your wii in a while, especially with CFG Loader... Update to CFG Loader MOD v70-r34 here.

Just rename the downloaded dol as boot.dol and replace it over the one in the cfg-loader apps folder.
Or he could update from CFG itself.

weltall_of_id

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Thanks a lot LWares. Actually the error popped up after I updated the loader. Before when I was using the older version 70-222 for fat I never had a problem, as soon as I updated it to the latest you mentioned I was not getting an error. I looked through the apps in my hbc and all i saw was a cIOS 222 installer v4, MIOS patcher, Priiloader and some other apps like loaders, channel updaters and managers. At any rate I am gonna try to do what you said in a moment.

P.S. Since you mentioned auto updates, I use them too all the time.. USB Loader GX which I have in case the Configurable USB Loader I use does not work.. well when I try to update it online it keeps throwing me and error but I guess it could be that my system is outdated. We will see.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Your welcome, always happy to help.

Anyway... I would suggest, having a good old clear out of your sd card and get rid of anything that you don't need like individual installers for cIOSes and channels/forwarders.

ModMii's clean up tool will make things a lot easier for you. If you still need certain things that you don't want to delete, get the locked folder and put them in there.

weltall_of_id

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Holy.. Ok I run syscheck (didnt see a gx version) and used the updater.. 48 updates @.@ For now I am downloading and waiting. Should I remove everything from my usd except the loaders and whatever else I use? I kept installers and priiloader just in case. I have already killed a wii only because I did not install priiloader and now its sleeping in my drawer the eternal bricked sleep.. If I just knew how great a nand backup and prilloader would be with my first wii, lol.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well... Do a nand backup first with bootmii and then install the wads provided to update. Afterwards, do another backup and keep it safe

If you only have a 2GB card, I would make some space by getting rid of anything that you don't need anymore (like all those installers).

Keep priiloader installer, just in case you install a system menu theme. As it overwrites it and has to be reinstalled.

Keep Multi-Mod Manager/WiiMod and as you'll need either of those to install/update wads.

weltall_of_id

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Except all the IOS, cIOS and one mIOS updates that I got there is a HackMii installer, iOS 236 v5 installer, Simple IOS Patcher and the Multi-Mod Manager you mentioned. I guess I should install the iOS 236 and maybe update bootmii with the hackmii given?

Also I have an 8gb card but it has a lot of mini games in there but still I have about 4,5 giga free. For now time to nand backup, I am really glad I asked in here :)

weltall_of_id

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Is it bad if the nand backup detects a bad block? The verification worked fine. Also my console id is #####bad? If these are just id numbers.. I have a very amusing console id.. kinda..

Edit

14 wads were not installed out of all that I got. I will try syscheck again I guess.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you're installing/updating system files (such as IOSes or channels), you need to have IOS236/36 installed on your console and set with Multi-Mod Manager or WiiMod. Otherwise, you'll just get a error.

I wouldn't worry about the bad blocks, they'll sort themselves out eventually.

Install the latest bootmii & HBC 1.1.0 and free to either use the 236 installer or use Multi-Mod Manager to install IOS236/36. If your wii console it connected to the internet, it will be a lot easier to do.

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it bad if the nand backup detects a bad block? The verification worked fine. Also my console id is #####bad? If these are just id numbers.. I have a very amusing console id.. kinda..

Edit

14 wads were not installed out of all that I got. I will try syscheck again I guess.

a couple bad blocks is normal, because cheapo nintendo thinks its fine to have a couple bad blocks, because they dont wanna go and replace it :P

weltall_of_id

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Thanks a lot for the guidance and help given. LWares thanks for the patience and for walking me step by step through the whole thing. Just installed 236 and everything installed fine. For some reason it keeps saying I need HackMii and BootMii SD files but I do not think I do since I already have them and updated BootMii and HBC. Thanks again for everything and have a great day :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Yayyy got arcade games on the Pi working lol