Problem with CD / DVD drive

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by DuFF_xD, Oct 31, 2007.

1. DuFF_xD
    OP

DuFF_xD Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 31, 2007
    Hey, I'm new here, but I would like to ask some questions.

I've been burning some images now for Wii, and mostly, I got it right, I have more than 20 games that I can play, burning using ImgBurn, and my CD / DVD drive from LG (GSA-H54N)

But all of a sudden, the drive couldn't read any more virgin DVDs, or even CDs. It just reads regular CDs/ DVDs, like games, audio CDs, movies DVDs, and therefore, I can't burn Wii iso's anymore.

I tryed burning Manhunt 2 today, but ImgBurn just stopped right before writing the image. Same with CloneCD.
    Then I tryed using my laptop, with another drive, and it burned normally, but the DVD was not recognized by my Wii.

Any tips? I need help please!

2. GhostHawk

GhostHawk Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 3, 2007
    United States
    Sorry to hear about your troubles. Chances are it's time to get a new burner. I have had several burners & hard drives die on me after consistanty heavy use. LG and TDK are the drive manufacturers I use the most. Don't waste your time with laser lens cleaning products. Just dig out $40 and buy another "disposable drive".

On a side note.. I use Maxell DVD-R's that Office Depot has on sale quite often. You can usually pick them up for about $30 per 100 pack (on sale). I get average ratios of 1 dud per 100 DVD's. Not bad for 30 cents a piece!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice