problem with Boktai 2

Discussion in 'GBA - Console and Game Discussions, Help and Tips' started by test84, Sep 28, 2007.

Sep 28, 2007

problem with Boktai 2 by test84 at 1:07 AM (2,222 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. test84
    OP

Member test84 GBAtemp's last ninja 2.

Iran
    Hi,
    near after beginning of game, when you get your Solar property for your dagger from magical girl, i want go to a dungeon and then screen goes black.

does anyone finished this? if yes, what release group's did u use? mine is from Vemon.
    and does anyone knows any fixes for it?

and plz note that its already fixed for its solar sensor. (works with L and + )

2. test84
    OP

Iran
    realized there is a Rising Sun patch for the Venom's release but i cant seem to find it, does anyone knows where i can get it? thnx!

edit2: got Rising Sun's rom, problem is that the intro screen of Rising Sun themselves is corrupted but shows normal in VBA, whats the problem?

3. T-hug

Chief Editor T-hug Always like this.

pip
    United Kingdom
    For all patches always check http://bubbz.pocketheaven.com/?system=gba&section=patch
    As for the intro being corrupted, same thing happened to me. What card are you using?
    For me the problem happened on M3 Lite using the Game Manager software. If I cut and paste the ROM to my card directly, it worked fine, only using the Game Manager software messed it up.

4. test84
    OP

Iran
    i'm using G6Lite and if i reset the game within the game (there's an option) it shows the intro fine. my concern is not Rising Sun's logo, i'm afraid of gameplay which seems to be Ok so far.
    since M3 and G6Lite are similiar, maybe thats why.

i'll try copying the rom to my card directly (without G6's program) to see if it wokrs or not.

and why "cut" and paste to your rom? [​IMG] u can copy it!

but, i like Boktai1 more so far. maybe i'm playing so much boktai and i started second one a little soon since i dont play it much.

5. T-hug

Chief Editor T-hug Always like this.

pip
    United Kingdom
    Yes I think not using the software helps a lot with GBA ROMs, theres quite a few that GM messes up. I always copy/paste [​IMG] when playing GBA games.
    As for Boktai 2, I really enjoyed it but it was quite different from 1 in some ways. I just wish they'd bring 3 over from JPN, theres no trans project afaik from Ninty, Kojima or ind so it's a bit dissapointing I'll never play it.
    If your going to play Lunar Knights on DS when your done with the Boktais, missing 3 doesn't effect LK, hell not playing any of them doesn't ruin it lol.
    I bet Kojima wishes he never called the series Boktai now heh, the weird name ruined fanbase potential imo. Maybe this is why the DS game is Lunar Knights, sounds a bit cooler that BOKTAI lol.

6. test84
    OP

Iran
    using G6's software is good for me since i use shortcut to return to menu of my G6 without reseting (i heared it will cause the corruption, i donno). but it sucks for some games, like Boktai and SMB1 (port for GBA) and some others.

and for Lunar Knights, i heard its not Boktai 4 and its another story in same universe and thats why its called LK. u know, Boktai is from its Japanese name and is unique.

i was after some translation for Boktai 3 and i even made a topic askin about it, no one replied, maybe there is no translation for Boktai 3.

7. Remy

Member Remy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    For some reason i can't real this thread...

I have the same problem. has anyone found a fix?

8. DarkSunDS

Newcomer DarkSunDS Advanced Member

Canada
    Find a real cartridge.

9. Remy

Member Remy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I actually do own the actual games, but I really don't like playing it with the DS. the solar sensor is in the most awkward place. Plus it's not very sunny where i live