Problem with Black Sigil (I need to open the Cyclo menu L+R+A+B+X+Y)

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by Darkcloak, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Darkcloak
    OP

Newcomer Darkcloak Advanced Member

United States
    For some reason you can't use the menue shortcut L+R+A+B+X+Y while playing Black Sigil. The thing is I need to use the Cyclo's text viewer to read the strategy guide I got but since I can't open the menu I can't use that feature.

Is there another shortcut for that menu? or some other way around this? I know I could use moonshell to read text documents but moonshel doesn't display them in the right format and squishes the text, so I can't use the ASCII town maps, item lists etc.

on a side note is registration on TeamCyclo's forum closed?

2. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Do you have the latest beta firmware? It lets you change the button combination for the Enhanced Menu.
    Get it here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=6301

I have no clue if the forums are closed again, but you can't use Gmail, Yahoo, Mailinator, or any public e-mail domains. That might be the problem.

3. leiger

Member leiger GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    The forums are definitely open, but most free email address providers have been blocked to stop spamming attempts.
    However, it's nearing the end of the month and usually the forums go offline for a few days around that time, so be aware that this could happen again.

There have been quite a few people reporting problems with Black Sigil lately: http://www.teamcyclops.com/forum/search.php?searchid=465975

And as DeMoN mentioned, the soft-reset combination can be changed in the latest beta, so get that if you want the feature.

4. Porkdish

Member Porkdish GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    A single spammer poster on the TC forums claims the custom button config in beta 3 allowed him to open the menu. Everyone else who bothered to post on the issue says it does SFA (sweet fuck all). Still no enhanced menu in Black Sigil. I even tried the combo he listed as his preference, with a re dump and on 3 different SD cards, still no menu. Hopefully in beta 4...

Shame really since the cheats for no random encounter suck for this title, its off all together (and trigger battles yourself with a combo) or just off all together, so having the enhanced menu able to switch cheats on/off dynamically would be a great help, not to mention real time save since the game uses a saving system similar to chrono trigger/DQ.

5. Porkdish

Australia
    Beta 4 doesn't fix it...

6. leiger

Member leiger GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Team Cyclops have released firmware v1.55 beta 5, and with that they also mentioned this:

http://www.teamcyclops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11940 (need to be registered/logged in to read the thread)

7. Porkdish

Australia
    smells like bum!