Hacking Problem with BackUps - Wiikey

kalalauzen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I have been having a lot of problems with my Wii backups, and Disc Read Error messages. I can get games to load, sometimes they will boot up, sometimes not. Then, they may boot, play for a bit, but then a read error occurs. If i eject the disc and pop it back in it usually loads properly then. Any idea what is going on? Bad media?

I have primarily been using Verbatim DVD-R burned at 4X. I have read they are usually some of the best discs to use.

My drive is a Samsung SH-S182M updated with the latest firmware. I have also tried verbatim DVD+R as well with the same problem.

If anyone has any suggestions or comments I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!!!

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
The pot probably needs a tweak. Though you may get away with a dvd cleaning disc. The wii won't read it but in it's attempt, it will dust off the laser lens.

heres a vid to show how to find the pot adjustment... http://www.vimeo.com/user129039/videos/rss (note how he moves worm mechanism to expose the pot adjustment screw in the gap, where he carefully removed the tape)

edit..my bad it says 1/16 of a turn anti clockwise not 1/6.. thats about right

let me know how it goes please if you attempt it, as i might do it right from the get go when i finally chip my newly bought wii.

kalalauzen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The pot probably needs a tweak. Though you may get away with a dvd cleaning disc. The wii won't read it but in it's attempt, it will dust off the laser lens.

heres a vid to show how to find the pot adjustment...  http://www.vimeo.com/user129039/videos/rss  (note how he moves worm mechanism to expose the pot adjustment screw in the gap, where he carefully removed the tape)

but i wouldn't turn it 1/6 of a turn as suggested, i would turn it anti clock wise no more than the 1/12 of a turn (maybe less)Â

1/12 of turn is like 5 minutes on a clock

let me know how it goes please if you attempt it, as i might do it right from the get go when i finally chip my newly bought wii.

Thanks for the info...not sure if i will try this or not. I am hoping it is something simpler then this
smile.gif
If I do end up trying it I will let you know. For now, I think I may try some other media and see if that does anything. Gotta get some new media to test 1st, tho...heh.

If it could be anything else, and someone wants to to chime in here, that would be great!!!
smile.gif

kingmathyou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same problem. I am going to try to reinstall wiikey. That's the only thing I could think of. LMK if you find a solution, i'll let you know if reinstalling the wiikey worked or not.

M

Mopade

Same problem with my wiikey, for example WarioWare works fine but MarioStrikers doesn't work.

Before 3.0 Update MarioStrikers worked fine
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Imma make quesadillas for lunch :D +1