Problem with ASH, program to create SSBB textures

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by OriginalHamster, Aug 21, 2009.

1. OriginalHamster
    OP

Member OriginalHamster UStealthy

Chile
    I download the ASH 2.2, I have all necessary files includign the ntcompress.exe, and texconv.exe files.

The step1-extract.bat program creates the propers folder for the .pac, BUT once I check those folders theres nothing inside [​IMG], I tried it several times changing the ASH folder position and the the result is always the same.

Help [​IMG]

2. OriginalHamster
    OP

Chile
  3. picano

Member picano GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Really not the best forum to ask for help on with that.

Anyway... with what you've told me I can't say much --- can you run it from command prompt and note any error messages?

4. OriginalHamster
    OP

Chile
    It say the brrr files doesn't exist, even when the program created it in the same ASH folder, other error say ILLEGAL EXECUTION or something like that. The step1 run ok, it finish the work and all, but the folders are empty...

5. picano

Member picano GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Gonna need the full message, though I'm assuming by "brrr" you mean brres. Depending on where that message shows up, it may be normal, it might not --- at the start of the program it'll try to delete certain file types to clear up clutter from previous attempts, but at the same time... the brres files exist within the pac itself in a folder-like structure and should be extracted/used/deleted during step1.

In the mean time, have you tried using a fresh copy of ASH / the pac? Are you running on windows vista? (Vista has some issues, most noted with the "tplsplitter.exe" included... but I've also run into a couple unfortunate cases where python wasn't being handled fully) And if all else fails... maybe try Smashbox? (I've never used it myself, don't even have a download link on hand... but just throwing it out there)

Most of my contact info is listed in my profile, so if you'd like some real-time help feel free to ask.

6. OriginalHamster
    OP

Chile
    I'm on msn right now, I already add you, will try contact you, thanks