Hacking Problem with Acekard 2i and adding cheats with r4cce, please h

TheHitman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first, i'm sorry if i missed an answer to this somewhere along the line. i've read and looked around and have yet to solve my problem. recently I obtained an acekard so I could record high quality wifi pokemon battles. anyway, I set it up by myself for the most part. I have SoulSilver downloaded and can get cheats to work using the database. the probelm arose when i tried to add codes with pokesav, a cheat generating program for Pokemon games. The codes definitely save, as when I load the .dat file in r4cce they are still there. but when I use the acekard, it still has the same codes, no updates. it just won't recognize my changes. I've tried fixing this to no avail. thus I come here. anyone know what i could be doing wrong? any ideas? thanks

Masked Ranger

Trophies
XP
Country
You're not rebuilding the cheat database for SS. Go back and select the cheats for SS, then hit the X button. After the database for SS has been rebuilt, select your "new" codes.

And why don't you just use pokesav to edit your save?

TheHitman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i forgot to mention that. i did hit rebuild code list and nothing occured. what are you talking about in the latter option? im a nub with this stuff =P

Masked Ranger

Trophies
XP
Country
with pokesav you can edit your SS save directly. Search the internet. Are you using a clean rom dump? Are you adding the codes to the existing cheat database? Is the database in the correct folder?

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You need to rebuild the cheat database by going into the Cheat menu of SoulSilver and hitting X.

EDIT: Nevermind I missed that.

EDIT 2: Okay this is how I got it working.

Just pasting the XML file created by PokeSav did not display any cheats for me when I rebuilt. So what I did was download the latest cheat DB from here. (I use USRCHEAT.DAT) Open the XML file created by PokeSav. Directly copy the AR code for whichever game you're using (meaning the two columns of long code). Open the DAT file in R4CCE then find HG/SS in the list. Highlight the game & click on Item --> Add Code. Give it the name "PokeSav Generated" and paste the AR code into the box. Save the DAT and copy it onto you're Acekard in SD:\__aio\cheats & rebuild. (If you see an __ak2 folder instead of __aio then you are using the official firmware and should switch to AKAIO 1.7.1. Copy the __aio folder & akmenu4.nds to the root of your MicroSD, overwriting the existing files).

Masked Ranger

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow. That's a long hard way. Here's a simpler way.

I've never used pokesav to generate a .xml file so I'll assume that the .xml file that pokesav generates is named pokesav.xml.

Move pokesav.xml to /__aio/cheats (I think that is the correct directory name)
Pull up the SS rom.
Pull up the cheat menu.
Hit "Y" to Select Database.
Change the option to "pokesav.xml"
You may have to rebuild, but I don't think so.

You now have your "custom code list" for SS. You can then always change the database back to usrcheat.dat whenever you want. If you create a new pokesav.xml, you'll just need to rebuild it.

I've done this for several of my non-Pokemon games. This way, when the usrcheat.dat file gets updated, I'm not losing my custom code list.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Masked Ranger said:
Wow. That's a long hard way. Here's a simpler way.

I've never used pokesav to generate a .xml file so I'll assume that the .xml file that pokesav generates is named pokesav.xml.

Move pokesav.xml to /__aio/cheats (I think that is the correct directory name)
Pull up the SS rom.
Pull up the cheat menu.
Hit "Y" to Select Database.
Change the option to "pokesav.xml"
You may have to rebuild, but I don't think so.

You now have your "custom code list" for SS. You can then always change the database back to usrcheat.dat whenever you want. If you create a new pokesav.xml, you'll just need to rebuild it.

I've done this for several of my non-Pokemon games. This way, when the usrcheat.dat file gets updated, I'm not losing my custom code list.
No I tried that. All I got was a blank cheat list. I even injected a clean SS ROM and I got the same deal.

TheHitman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
phoenixgoddess27 said:
Did you check "enable game" in r4cce?

yes i made sure of this

QUOTE(Hakoda @ Aug 2 2010, 02:19 PM) You need to rebuild the cheat database by going into the Cheat menu of SoulSilver and hitting X.

Just pasting the XML file created by PokeSav did not display any cheats for me when I rebuilt. So what I did was download the latest cheat DB from here. (I use USRCHEAT.DAT) Open the XML file created by PokeSav. Directly copy the AR code for whichever game you're using (meaning the two columns of long code). Open the DAT file in R4CCE then find HG/SS in the list. Highlight the game & click on Item --> Add Code. Give it the name "PokeSav Generated" and paste the AR code into the box. Save the DAT and copy it onto you're Acekard in SD:\__aio\cheats & rebuild. (If you see an __ak2 folder instead of __aio then you are using the official firmware and should switch to AKAIO 1.7.1. Copy the __aio folder & akmenu4.nds to the root of your MicroSD, overwriting the existing files).

k now i'm getting a little pissed. i folllowed these exact steps from the very start, and still the same problem... the code is there in r4cce. when I put it on the AK, poof it's gone... is there something preventing it in settings maybe?

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TheHitman said:
phoenixgoddess27 said:
Did you check "enable game" in r4cce?

yes i made sure of this

QUOTE(Hakoda @ Aug 2 2010, 02:19 PM) You need to rebuild the cheat database by going into the Cheat menu of SoulSilver and hitting X.

k now i'm getting a little pissed. i folllowed these exact steps from the very start, and still the same problem... the code is there in r4cce. when I put it on the AK, poof it's gone... is there something preventing it in settings maybe?
If you still have the same cheats as before, then you didn't correctly rebuild the DAT. Press X or Tap rebuild or delete the CC folder in SD:\__aio\cheats.

TheHitman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
your definitely right that the problem seems to be rebuilding the CC file. I have rebuilt everytime and have gotten the same codes. I just tried deleting the CC folder adn that did not change anything. lol I must have really screwed something up =P. BTW thanks for all your help so far

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TheHitman said:
your definitely right that the problem seems to be rebuilding the CC file. I have rebuilt everytime and have gotten the same codes. I just tried deleting the CC folder adn that did not change anything. lol I must have really screwed something up =P. BTW thanks for all your help so far
You're welcome but this is an interesting problem.
unsure.gif
Are you using the Compact version or Full version of PokeSav HGSS? Also, why can't you edit the SAV directly?

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TheHitman said:
full version. what do you mean by editing the SAV directly? I'm a noob with most of this stuff
When in PokeSav, when you click "Open" you have the ability to open & edit a 512KB SAV file which is natively created by AKAIO. Just select your SoulSilver save and it should load a majority of the save information.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn