kaiomar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone,

I have a problem with my N3ds after trying to install A9LH for gateway.. you have to know that i've been away from the 3ds scene for a while.

My setup :

-Sys : 9.0E
-Emu : 11.0.0-33E
-Entrypoint : Menuhax

I followed the tutorial on gateway website :

Done a nand backup,
Boot into GATEWAY 3DS menu using your favorite entrypoint - Done
Pick the format emuNAND option from the menu (if you don’t have a working emuNAND setup yet) - I already had a emunand so i skipped it
Boot into GATEWAY (emuNAND) mode - Done
Make sure you have WiFi configured and working correctly - Done
Bring up the OSD, select GATEWAY Time Machine - Done
Launch GATEWAY Time Machine, select 2.x downgrade - Done
Boot back into GATEWAY 3DS menu after rebooting - Done
Select A9LH Installer menu option, follow instructions on screen - Problem at this step, when i start A9Lh installer, it says that I don't have 2.0 firmware
Boot your N3DS into 2.x (if console doesn’t boot make sure ‘Nintendo 3DS’ folder has been renamed)
Open up web browser and surf to http://go.gateway-3ds.com/
Go to A9LH Installer menu option again, follow instructions on screen until congratulations message appears.
Reboot your console and enjoy GATEWAY A9LH on your N3DS!

After that, I tried to launch emunand from the menu, profile, etc. and now I have a black screen, i've tried many times and it changes nothing.
I can boot on gateway menu by holding L but blackscreen when i select gateway mode :/
I was a mistake to try to install A9LH since i was away for a while and i'm just a beginner ^^'
Hope i can get some help.

Thanks in advance and sorry for my english.

Kyojin

#include "brain.h"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I was a mistake to try to install A9LH since i was away for a while and i'm just a beginner ^^'

No, the mistake was trying to install A9LH using Gateway's method. Once you install it, it locks you down to using Gateway stuff and it does not protect your SysNAND, so you run the risk of losing A9LH. It's better to install it with the community tools, and then use GW.

But anyway, you can't boot back to your EmuNAND since it's on 2.x, so that's normal.

I would advise that you restore your EmuNAND backup and follow this guide instead (where it says RedNAND, you can pretend it says EmuNAND, it's pretty much the same thing). Once you'll have arm9loaderhax installed, you'll be able to set up a way to boot into GW mode from it.

EDIT: Unless your SysNAND was already downgraded to 2.x? :unsure: From what I understood, you are still on 9.0.

Last edited by Kyojin,
Reactions: gnmmarechal

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd suggest attempting to restore a NAND.bin using Gateway 4.0, but.... I can't confirm that won't brick you. Either someone will have to confirm that for you, or I'll have to go through the entire Gateway A9LH install process on my hardmodded N3DS just to test it out, which may take a while (especially since I am a bit lazy lately, guhh)

EDIT: Actually, perhaps you could try booting Decrypt9 on sysnand through any means and restore a SysNand.bin through that while using Gateway 4.0b. Once again, I can't guarantee that won't brick you, though... In theory, it should work, based off the fact it can be used to update an 8.1J to 9.2J.

Once you get back to a stock 9.2 firmware without A9LH, you should be able to continue on with the Plailect Guide like everyone else (and ultimately get Gateway running through the recommended setup)

Last edited by CrispyYoshi,

kaiomar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The problem is that after using TM i'm still on 9.0 yes..
Ok so i'm going to check Plailect guide

Last edited by kaiomar,

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahh, I totally misunderstood then, sorry. You don't have any EmuNand.bin backup you could attempt restoring via EmuNand9? I think that could fix your situation.

kaiomar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Unfortunately i don't have emunand.bin :/
just sysnand

Edit : my bad, just found it on my computer :D

Last edited by kaiomar,

kaiomar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks a lot guys, I'll just try to restore emunand via emunand9.
And I'll start over later the installation of A9LH.

Edit : just restored an old emunand, it works :) Thanks again

Last edited by kaiomar,
Reactions: CrispyYoshi

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
erghh.. just a quick point, I'm not a professional at this so please don't jump on me if I am wrong. I have not done it myself yet, waiting on the Public Release on this but you did try renaming/delete your "Nintendo 3DS" folder on your micro sd card? because its a known error on N3DS's with 4.0b. Gateway did mention this in there instructions:

How to setup (N3DS):

Boot your N3DS into 2.x (if console doesn’t boot make sure ‘Nintendo 3DS’ folder has been renamed)

» FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Q: My console is not booting into 2.x
A: Try ejecting your SD card, if this helps, rename/delete the ‘Nintendo 3DS’ folder and try again.

Last edited by Reecey,

MadButch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Don't wait for the GW public release, follow the plailect guide, as said before.
It works perfectly fine together with your GW card.

Reactions: sweis12

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Reactions: kaiomar

Deleted member 386348

local death grips enthusiast
Trophies
XP
That's V2 A9LH. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but Plailect's guide uses V1. Add the arm9loaderhax.bin into luma/payloads/, then rename it to r_GW.bin. You can hold R on boot to launch GW. If this doesn't work, follow that v2 guide.

Completely disregard everything that's striked out.

Last edited by Deleted member 386348,

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
That's V2 A9LH. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but Plailect's guide uses V1. Add the arm9loaderhax.bin into luma/payloads/, then rename it to r_GW.bin. You can hold R on boot to launch GW. If this doesn't work, follow that v2 guide.
you're wrong. Plailect's guide is constantly updated, and it does indeed currently use v2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass