Problem with 0884_Mario_Vs_Donkey_Kong_2_March ...

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by test84, Apr 1, 2007.

1. test84
    OP

Member test84 GBAtemp's last ninja 2.

Iran
    Hi,
    does anyone know how to play this game on my G6?
    i have latest 4.6D on flashcart and 4.6C on desktop updates.
    TIA.

2. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    The loader and manager are at 4.7 now. The US version of that game worked fine for me on the G6. If force r/w, safe mode and no soft reset don't get get the EU version working, try the US one.

3. test84
    OP

Iran
    thnx for ur quick answer.
    i got the 4.7 updated (which was only for Loader) and put the two files on root of G6, then i went to the GBA menu and selected the G6UPDATE, and after one star apearing, it said UPDATE ERROR DO THE FOLLOWING :...
    !
    hopelessly i did it again and it worked, what was the problem?
    --------
    2- doesnt this EURO version work with my G6? its so hard for me to get USA version too, my speed is like 2kbps.
    is there any good reports? (i'm testing it currently myself, just to be sure)
    --------
    3- is there any update for desktop manager of G6 too? to bring it to 4.7?
    ------
    edit:
    4- with the DoFat and checked Force R/W, it worked, but one thing worries me.
    since this mode is not like all other games i played, i fear of crashing of game at some point and after changing the mode of copying the game, my old saves would not work.
    so plz tell me the options u use for copying this game over ur G6.

TIA.

4. Destructobot

United States
    The U-disk manager automatically uses force R/W for a lot of games. If it doesn't give you the option to turn on force R/W, it's because it already knows whether or not that particular game needs it. In my experience, there is no reason not to use force R/W. It either makes a game work when it otherwise would not, or it does nothing. DoFat just makes the games load faster when you start them from the G6 menu.

I don't remember what settings I used for that game. Probably just DoFat, and the U-disk manager decided for me whether to use force R/W or not.

None of the options you can set in the U-disk manager should affect your saves in any way.

5. test84
    OP

Iran
    wow, man !
    u sure have alot of experience/knowledge!
    i'm so glad that i can communicate with people like you.
    Thnx internet, thnx GBAtemp, thnx destructbot.
    -----------------------
    so i dont need to worry and i can just enjoy this game, and now that the game works (not any problems yet), Do u still recommned USA version or i can just stick to this version?
    -----------------------
    i wonder why its update failed for first time, cuz the second time i did the same thing and it worked, should i worry about anything?
    (i'm not that paranoid but since i cant exchange my G6, these things frightens me)
    -----------------------
    btw, its a cool game, it reminds me of old days of Lemmings. (and oh my God, it has lots of versions, holiday, xmas, no more, etc!)

6. Destructobot

United States
    I don't know why it failed the first time, but I have enough experience with computers to know that sometimes things fail for no apparent reason, then work just fine when you try them again. This does not seem too out of the ordinary to me. Anyway, there's no point worrying about it now; it works, so there's nothing to fix.

7. test84
    OP

Iran
    thnx! love u guys.
    and sorry destructobot, i misspeled ur name on my last post.