Gaming Problem when loading New Super Mario Bros Wii from Disc Channel

AndresEAVe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hello, I recently bought a hacked Wii and it works, I tried it with some original games as well as copies and it went pretty well. Yesterday, I placed the New Super Mario Bros Wii disc in the console, and the system reads it and you can play, but about 10 minutes after starting, I get an error screen, which contains the following message: "An error has occurred. Press the Eject button and remove the disc, then turn the Wii console off and refer to the Wii Operations Manual for help troubleshooting." It's weird because with other games I don't get that error. Will there be something wrong with the lens? Or is the hack? Thank you!

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is that an original game or not?

NSMBW was famous as the first game to use BCA antipiracy (comparably to the PlayStation 1 and 2, it requires some data in a location of the disc that's already used even on new "blank" discs), so if you wanted to play a disc backup of NSMBW you'd need to patch it first to remove the check or redirect it to a writable area...

(a 2012 Wii like the one in your signature should block all non-original DVDs in hardware, but who knows if the optical drive was replaced or whatever!)

Most USB loaders (with modern CIOS) should bypass BCA automatically (at least if you have a .bca file, containing the dump of the BCA section, in the right place - I don't remember much anymore)

If it's an original DVD, make sure your IOSes are up to date* - BCA support was implemented especially for NSMBW and isn't there in all versions of IOS!

(actually, only the IOS used by the game actually matters, but you can't go wrong by fully updating your console or using ModMii's syscheck upgrade guide)

Reactions: AndresEAVe

AndresEAVe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Is that an original game or not?

NSMBW was famous as the first game to use BCA antipiracy (comparably to the PlayStation 1 and 2, it requires some data in a location of the disc that's already used even on new "blank" discs), so if you wanted to play a disc backup of NSMBW you'd need to patch it first to remove the check or redirect it to a writable area...

(a 2012 Wii like the one in your signature should block all non-original DVDs in hardware, but who knows if the optical drive was replaced or whatever!)

Most USB loaders (with modern CIOS) should bypass BCA automatically (at least if you have a .bca file, containing the dump of the BCA section, in the right place - I don't remember much anymore)

If it's an original DVD, make sure your IOSes are up to date* - BCA support was implemented especially for NSMBW and isn't there in all versions of IOS!

(actually, only the IOS used by the game actually matters, but you can't go wrong by fully updating your console or using ModMii's syscheck upgrade guide)

Yes, is the original game, I have an USB backup that loads perfectly, the console has the 4.3U Version. Do you need a SysCheck report?

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes, is the original game, I have an USB backup that loads perfectly, the console has the 4.3U Version. Do you need a SysCheck report?
that be great.
though i've got a feeling i know what't the problem... have you installed custom mios? it's not needed anymore.
BC should be original as should the ioses up to ios 100 be, (just need ios 123 installer to fix installing options, without overwriting other iosses (not being a pirate is sure the way to go).

Last edited by JaapDaniels,

AndresEAVe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
that be great.
though i've got a feeling i know what't the problem... have you installed custom mios? it's not needed anymore.
BC should be original as should the ioses up to ios 100 be, (just need ios 123 installer to fix installing options, without overwriting other iosses (not being a pirate is sure the way to go).

I don't know, the person who sold me the Wii only said that the console is hacked. Here is the SysCheck Report, I had to take a picture because the program didn't want to save the report.

IMG_20190602_104233.jpg IMG_20190602_104259.jpg IMG_20190602_104322.jpg IMG_20190602_104339.jpg IMG_20190602_104402.jpg

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You already have the newest version of IOS53, so an original NSMBW disc should work fine (but try entering Priiloader, if installed, by holding reset while you turn on the console and ensuring you're not forcing discs to run on IOS249)

You also have the HBC running on IOS61 as opposed to the modern standard of IOS58 (fixable by reinstalling the HBC) and you may want to update your CIOS (the modern standard is to have 249 (the default CIOS) as d2x v8 or v10.52, base 57) - but these things aren't directly related to your problem

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't know, the person who sold me the Wii only said that the console is hacked. Here is the SysCheck Report, I had to take a picture because the program didn't want to save the report.

View attachment 168846 View attachment 168847 View attachment 168848 View attachment 168849 View attachment 168850
BC and Mios seems original, but wouldn't hurt to overwrite, that goes for all iosses latest version from 1 to ios 99, no patches, no ciosses.
i don't know what sin means though.

AndresEAVe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
You already have the newest version of IOS53, so an original NSMBW disc should work fine (but try entering Priiloader, if installed, by holding reset while you turn on the console and ensuring you're not forcing discs to run on IOS249)

Ok, Priiloader is installed, and there isn't any setting to force discs to run on the IOS249.

BC and Mios seems original, but wouldn't hurt to overwrite, that goes for all iosses latest version from 1 to ios 99, no patches, no ciosses.
i don't know what sin means though.

Ok, so I need to overwrite iosses from 1 to 99 in their lastest version, without patches. How can I update the IOS?
"Sin" means "Without" ;)

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
wait, cios249 is rev20, very outdated and 250 doesn't even show the revision.
I would suggest using modmii to update the console. Just drag the sysCheck.csv file in your SD card to modmii and it should do its work.

btw, sysCheck.csv is a text file that you can paste it here.

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ok, Priiloader is installed, and there isn't any setting to force discs to run on the IOS249.

Ok, so I need to overwrite iosses from 1 to 99 in their lastest version, without patches. How can I update the IOS?
"Sin" means "Without" ;)
https://wiibrew.org/wiki/DOP-Mii:_WiiBrew_Edition
that should help you going
and for homebrew channel, there's an self update when w24 and wifi is enabled, and parental lock is shut off.
if help is needed unlocking said lock: SALT | mkey generator
or you could just use https://please.hackmii.com/ to install hbc.
see https://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_setup#Letterbomb for instructions.
for cios 25#: https://code.google.com/archive/p/d2x-cios-installer/downloads in combo with: https://github.com/davebaol/d2x-cios/releases (if wii use non vwii edition! if wiiu use vwii edition).
solved?

Last edited by JaapDaniels,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: