Problem w/ RB2 backup

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by YayMii, Jul 17, 2009.

Jul 17, 2009

Problem w/ RB2 backup by YayMii at 8:40 AM (855 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. YayMii
    OP

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    PROBLEM SOLVED, CLOSE THIS PLEASE
    I have a problem with trying to run a backup of Rock Band 2. For some reason, when I put it into my Wii, the drive makes weird sounds.
    I can eject the disc, so I tried another backup to see if it loads (just in case I didn't wreck anything, I using Mario Party 8 for this purpose), and it seems to work perfectly. When I try loading it in the SoftChip RB launcher channel, ignoring the sounds, it gives me an error "Exception: loctl error (DI_ReadID)". I'm using Waninkoko's cIOS38 r13b.
    When I searched up this problem, all I could find was other people having this problem (no solutions though).

BTW, I'm trying to load from the Disc Channel using Softmii 3.0. Mario Party 8 could load from the Disc Channel.

EDIT: I've just tried with NeoGamma R6, still doesn't work. It gives the message "timeout" and still makes the weird sounds. I've also tried the suggested cIOS36 r7. I don't think it has to do with software.

EDIT2: I re-burned the same release on a different brand of disc and somehow it worked (btw, the one that wasn't working was a LightScribe Verbatim disc burned at 4x and the one that I got to work was an Imation disc burned at 8x)

2. Heathcliff

Member Heathcliff GBAtemp Regular

France
    I'd say your DVD is broken (or at least scratched) try re-burning it at the lowest speed you can and it should work.

3. ClockWorK

Member ClockWorK GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Also, do not print labels on your burned Wii backups. They can make the discs rub up on parts of the drive.

4. YayMii
    OP

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    I don't print labels on my discs. I use LightScribe discs.

Anyways, I'll try another release of RB2 NTSC to see if it works.

5. YayMii
    OP

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    Sorry for bumping, but I've tried another release, it doesn't work. I've tried another Wii, it still makes those weird sounds. Does anybody know what's wrong?