Problem updating firmware

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Child Abuser, Aug 1, 2006.

Aug 1, 2006
  1. Child Abuser
    OP

Newcomer Child Abuser Member

United States
    so i followed the instructions: format to FAT 16/32 using windows, run MPUtility... but after i do that i can't access the drive through My PC or put games on it using the U-Disk Manager.

if i try to access it through My PC, it says that the device isn't formated and that i need to format it.

if i try to put games on it with U-Disk Manager, it writes games on it in less than a second but doesn't actually write anything.

so i've tried just formating through windows [ Fat & Fat32 ], which will allow me to put games back on it, and then try dragging over the update loader files into the root directory, booting up GBA mode and trying to update it but i just get a 1 and 7 randomly placed on the screen [ the last time i tried to update the firmware, there was a 2 floating around ].

any suggestions?

thanks.

2. Falkentyne

Member Falkentyne GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Did you run the utility aftter you formatted it through windows?

3. Child Abuser
    OP

United States
    yeah, and no dice. tried both FAT and FAT32. didn't change any of the settings either.

4. tomei

Newcomer tomei Newbie

United States
    I formatted (Fat 16) my G6 Lite and then did the mputility like you. Windows won't recognize it and tells you to format it. I had the same problem but if you safely eject the hardware and replug it in again, Windows will recognize it. Hope this helps.

5. Falkentyne

Member Falkentyne GBAtemp Regular

United States
    QFT.
    I remember this being a problem after you format it with the udisk program and run the file. And you have to eject the hardware safely and then plug it back in again for it to work. (use the udisk manager to format as FAT+mputility, not windows explorer). No idea why it's required, though, but give it a shot.

6. Child Abuser
    OP

United States
    that's the exact info i was hoping for and it worked! [​IMG]

thanks.